Tint Laws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tint Laws

Whats the current threshold for tint? I took my camaro to get inspected this weekend and the inspector said he was getting readings for 23/24% and failed me for that.

blowin' on that endo
    gamecube nintendo
    5% tint so you cant see up in window

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

30%
      You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
        30%
        Its 25%

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/vi/...windowTint.htm

Window Tint Standards can be found in the Texas Administrative Code, Title 37, Part 1, Rule 21.3.

Note: Windows immediately to the right and left of the driver that have less than 25% light transmission will fail inspection, regardless of the year model of the vehicle.
        Los Angeles Rams 11-5
        Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
        Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
          30%
          Oh

Note: Windows immediately to the right and left of the driver that have less than 25% light transmission will fail inspection, regardless of the year model of the vehicle.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I was going to say 25 as a joke, but it looks like it really is 25 and you missed it by this much

Comment

According to the everyone who already posted, it's still 25%.
              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                According to the state, it's still 25%.
                Repost.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

The tint guy lied to me...
                  You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Well aint that bout a bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      Repost.
                      Edititited.
                      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Shit, mine is 20%...

Comment

need to keep in mind the factory tint too, which I believe is 3-5% - I think alot of tint shops use tint that is approximately 30% for that reason.
                          Originally posted by Sgt Beavis
                          I don't always like lowered trucks, but when I do, it's because they really kick ass..

Comment

Just ask who has an inspection hookup, easy fix!

Comment

Originally posted by POSYJ View Post
                              need to keep in mind the factory tint too, which I believe is 3-5% - I think alot of tint shops use tint that is approximately 30% for that reason.
                              This, although it's not so much factory tint as it is the glass itself blocks 3-5% of light. So to have a total of 25% you would need to add 30% tint to the window.
                              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Working...
                              X