I know better than to curse in titles... but Eff tha po-leeeese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know better than to curse in titles... but Eff tha po-leeeese

Question: Does a cop running radar constitute an emergency? I got popped on a road ( 183 toll road ) that has several signs that say stopping for emergency vehicles only... or something to that effect.

If you've been on the toll road you know there are almost no shoulders on either side. The cop was parked in the median between the highway and the on ramp.

I'm not going to fight the ticket, I mean, I was speeding. My fault. My bad. It just seems fucking dangerous to run radar right there.

I was thinking same idea for them to be hiding in the shadows. It dangerous for them to be in people blind spot when they have to pull over.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie
      Question: Does a cop running radar constitute an emergency? I got popped on a road ( 183 toll road ) that has several signs that say stopping for emergency vehicles only... or something to that effect.
      emergency vehicles = ambulance, police, and fire

Comment

Since when can you not cuss in titles? This is a fucking legitimate thing?

I didn't know 12 year olds and nancy boys were our demographic.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
          So the fireman could just pull over and start checking their hoses? It's still dumb.

Comment

For when there is emergencies not parking. But guess that would mean there would have to be a sign saying NO PARKING.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
              For when there is emergencies not parking. But guess that would mean there would have to be a sign saying NO PARKING.
              Police vehicles are exempt from parking restrictions.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                For when there is emergencies not parking.
                Where does it say that on the sign? It's just a poor choice of wording, I've seen others more appropriately say "for official use only," which means it's not for the general public to use.

An "emergency vehicle" doesn't have to be responding to an emergency to be labeled as such.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                  So the fireman could just pull over and start checking their hoses? It's still dumb.
                  I pull over to check my hoes all the time.
                  Ded

Comment

Police vehicles are exempt from parking restrictions.
                    Yes but I get what the OP is saying. Legal or not, he is right that there are some highways around where it just seems unsafe for police to sit on the almost non-existent shoulder to take radar. Some areas have a very small margin for driver error and it would not take much for a pretty bad accident to happen with someone bouncing off a cruiser and back into traffic. I think if I were a cop there are certain places I would be driving to patrol instead of sitting still.
                    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

You're wasting your time, pay the ticket and slow down. Cops can do what they want, you going in and trying to convince the judge that the cop was being dangerous is going to get you nowhere.
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        You're wasting your time, pay the ticket and slow down. Cops can do what they want, you going in and trying to convince the judge that the cop was being dangerous is going to get you nowhere.
                        I said in the first post I was going to pay. I know it's a waste of time. I still think it's fucking dangerous to radar there.

Comment

I did that once photographing a storm near 121 and Preston I believe. Scared the piss out of me and I was only there for 20 minutes or so and had people come within a couple feet more than once. That cop is asking for it sitting there, its not a matter of if, its a matter of when he gets hit. Way to many people out there facebooking and driving.

Comment

Working...
                          X