Credit question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
    I am a billionaire astronaut oil tycoon with a 12" cock so i have no need of credit.
    Pics?

Comment

I am a billionaire astronaut oil tycoon with a 12" cock so i have no need of credit.
      So... unemployed?
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

i had one like that open on my credit for awhile also. i never charged on it but i think just opening it lowered my score a bit. eventually it will come off your report.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          I was always under the impression that too much available credit is a bad thing in the eyes of lenders. Pretty sure that came from my mortgage broker, several years ago. I've slept AND been inebriated since then, so I could be wrong.
          Makes sense.
          Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
          Pesonally as a mortgage underwriter i see high limits with low balances as a good thing. it shows money management skills and not relying on credit cards to live. but i can see the risk associated with the possibility of additional debt accumulated...
          Also makes sense.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to say "enjoy your debt lifestyle, plastic slaves!"
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Originally posted by racrguy
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Dave Ramsey would shit a brick

Comment

You're stealing svo855s shtick!
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

How big is the limit? Ideally, never close a card that doesn't have an annual fee. Utilization of available credit is big factor in FICO scoring. If you have several other credit card open with larger limits and similar age, you could consider closing it if it's become a burden to manage it.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                    On a related note, I got one of those "go to the website and get an instant credit line increase" on one of my CC's. Don't really see a reason to do so... would it theoretically be beneficial if you were to increase the room for debt/utilization ratio? I don't really need it, but was wondering if there would be any benefit.
                    Yes you should increase your cards if you can. Let's say you have an 800 FICO credit score with one credit card that has a $1000 limit and no balance. And your fridge goes out and you put it on the card and now you have a $900 balance on a $1000 limit credit card. FICO will score you as maxed out and your score will plummet to maybe as low as the high 600's. Now had you had 3 credit cards with $33,000 limits and made the same purchase. The $900 balance wouldn't be but a drop in the bucket and the change would be as few as a few points.

Comment

Go pick something pretty out for Elvis.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                        Wrong, closed by consumer is not good on a credit report. Closed by provider is fine.

Leave it open and let them cancel it for inactivity.
                        This is wrong. Neither of them are negatively impact your score just because they were closed. Other than utilization or the account falling off 10 years after closure and loosing the beneficial age of the account, there isn't a negative impact on closing accounts

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          I was always under the impression that too much available credit is a bad thing in the eyes of lenders. Pretty sure that came from my mortgage broker, several years ago. I've slept AND been inebriated since then, so I could be wrong.
                          No. I have four times my annual income in available credit. Lenders make money lending (or try to) and they all want a piece of the pie

Comment

Working...
                          X