No announcement yet.

On call legalities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short call and long call here. Short call is 2-4hrs to show. Long call is 12hrs to show. If we get a call, it is a minimum of 6hrs pay credit, even if we do not perform flying. On reserve(call) we receive a minimum of 72hrs of pay at your current AC pay-scale. I have flown 40 to 50 hour months with pay-credits above 100hrs pay.

Comment

I'm basically 24/7 via email or cell phone.
      $$$ chooofuckingchoooo $$$

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
        Anybody on here have to be on call? If so are you paid or compensated for your time or waiting period? I've seen some instances about on call being compensated due to a law regarding the twc but haven't been able to really nail anything down.
        I will see if my wife still has all the files and paperwork, but at my old department, on call got beat every time it came up. When a new guy decided to try and re write the rules we had the handy folders available with court cases and decisions. If I can't sit around and drink beer, or leave the house, then they are cutting into my personal time. We were hourly so I am sure that played into it some. Three times in 12 years or so this was shot down. We had a lot of supervision that the new rules would never affect so they tried to abuse it. It did tend to piss the higher ups off for a little bit until they came up with better options. They tried this in dispatch when my wife was in there, and she wrote a nice little rebuttal to the pager memo that they gave with the pagers. The very next day after she dropped her letter the supervisor came in all pissed off and had them throw all their pagers in a little bowel.
        Last edited by kingjason; 01-24-2015, 03:09 AM.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
          I will see if my wife still has all the files and paperwork, but at my old department, on call got beat every time it came up. When a new guy decided to try and re write the rules we had the handy folders available with court cases and decisions. If I can't sit around and drink beer, or leave the house, then they are cutting into my personal time. We were hourly so I am sure that played into it some. Three times in 12 years or so this was shot down. We had a lot of supervision that the new rules would never affect so they tried to abuse it. It did tend to piss the higher ups off for a little bit until they came up with better options. They tried this in dispatch when my wife was in there, and she wrote a nice little rebuttal to the pager memo that they gave with the pagers. The very next day after she dropped her letter the supervisor came in all pissed off and had them throw all their pagers in a little bowel.
          Sounds very similar to the situation here. I'd greatly appreciate any help with cases and other laws regarding.
          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Im on call 24-7, 3 hrs min if called out, 1hr pay for answering the phone to deal with truck drivers or to walk a coworker thru something. .
            I have 2 coworkers that cover the same station so if one of us has something important that needs to be done we cover for that person, unless there is a catastrophic failure then its all hands on deck.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
              Sounds very similar to the situation here. I'd greatly appreciate any help with cases and other laws regarding.
              Send me your e-mail address I am not typing out her four pages of greatness. LOL

The back story on this is that at some point in the departments history they tried that whole "Well it's guaranteed overtime, nothing else" crap. So the guys that where admin when I was a minion had already fought this battle and won. They started this crap in dispatch and a little birdie dropped a folder on my desk. My wife read all the information involved and typed out her response, even adding a little to it on other cases that had been paid out. Four years ago, the new smarter crew of supervisors tried this again. I rallied the troops and started throwing out terms that made admin feel uncomfortable. Well one of the assistant chiefs was part of the original crew that defeated this years ago. He asked them who the hell decided they were going to come up with a on call list. Well that list disappeared that same day. They decided to make a list of days to see if anyone wanted to fill the open spots (my original idea). Well holy shit, the new guys were all over the overtime, and no one had to be ordered in. Us old timers had to flip the occasional coin for a day here and there but that was just entertaining. My favorite saying in LE is, "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should", and that applies to all areas of the job.
              Last edited by kingjason; 01-25-2015, 09:36 PM.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

PM sent Jason
                "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Working...
                X