I'm a college boy meow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
    They just moved him to the 7000/8000 program.
    I was going to ask how he stayed on. That answers my question!
    Men have become the tools of their tools.
    -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Accounting.

And wtf is meow?
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
        Accounting.

And wtf is meow?
        You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

I'll tell you what my company is paying big bucks for right now, experienced Business Analysts. To clarify, not necessarily the IT type (though strong SQL query writing and good understanding of relational databases is a big help), but more slanted to reporting and financial analysis. And that is not just my company. A solid BA with a few years experience is pulling 6 figures, or really close to it right now.

Also, at least with my company, these are the guys ending up in senior management. My new boss (Senior Director) has a BBA in Finance and MS in Economics. His boss, the Senior VP of Operations / COO, has an engineering degree. Both started their careers as Analysts.

Comment

OP, I'm in investment management. Feel free to pm with questions if that sounds interesting.
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Working...
            X