Freezers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    Her life must be really awful. First world problems...
    LOL Truth!

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    My wife wants to go that route and we just might find a used one.

I have a standard 2 car garage. not sure i can swing two in one garage.

I started doing some measuring and I don't think I can swing a chest anyways. Worst of all i would have to listen to my wife complain about bending over to get her food in the chest style.
    We used to have a full size fridge/freezer (over/under) in the garage plus an upright freezer. We eventually got rid of the fridge/freezer combo when I picked up a drink vending machine. When we moved in 2010, the only thing we took was the vending machine. We put a larger fridge/freezer in the kitchen and then used the drink machine in the garage to hold all the soft drinks, sports drinks, etc. Eventually we bought a small chest freezer for the garage to store meats when we bought in bulk and vacuum sealed. It works great. We ended up moving our small, dorm sized fridge/freezer in from the patio to the office one winter, and it hasn't left that spot. Our boys store refillable water bottles in it, and we pack the freezer part with refillable ice packs for coolers. Our chest freezer is a small one and doesn't take up much space in the garage. It also forces us to use more of the stuff in the freezer instead of just letting it stay there.

Comment

Best of both worlds. Get a chest freezer, and place it sideways like an upright when it opens. BAM!

Comment

We have a small chest freezer for storing meat (we buy a 1/2 steer once in a while) and I bought a side-by-side (25 or 26 cu. ft.) freezer/fridge off of craigslist for $200 to take care of overflow from the kitchen fridge. Luckily my garage has a niche where the side-by-side sits out of the way and the chest freezer is smallish and doesn't take too much room. I can park the 5.0 in front of it and still have plenty of room in my not very deep garage.

I don't love digging through the chest freezer but it will hold a lot of stuff compared to the shelves in the stand-up.

Comment

Chest freezer so you stack so much shit on it you forget its there and what's inside

Comment

Working...
          X