puppy house training tricks/tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• puppy house training tricks/tips

and if you are going to use the word "hack" save your help. i'd rather smell like piss and shit. anyone got any good info for Jr and i??

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Or reward them when they go outside. If they do go inside, carry the crap outside and show them it goes out there.

If you're crate training, only leave enough room in the cage for him to stand and lay down.

Comment

Originally posted by elvis View Post
      and if you are going to use the word "hack" save your help. i'd rather smell like piss and shit. anyone got any good info for jr and i??

God bless.
      qft
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

hell you may get lucky, mine just sorta figured it out, make a schedule feed him and make him stay outside for a while till he shits. then let him back in. if you leave for the day, put him outside. mine hasnt had an accident in over 6 months, he is about 1 now.
        ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Put a bell at the end of a piece of rope or parachord on the doorknob. Every time you take him out ring the bell and say outside a few times. Our last dog figured it out in three days, from then on he rang the bell when he needed to go out.

Comment

Feed the dog on a schedule and take them out regularly and dont let them in until they have done their business. Crate training works well when you arent home. Dogs dont want to shit where they sleep

Comment

Hang a bell on the door. Everytime you go out ring the bell - Pavlov this thing, man. Get him to associate the bell with going out. Evenrually he'll learn to nudge the bell. Reward the bell ringing and the shitting outside with a treat and praise.

Our ridgeback is 3 now; he just hits the doorknob with his nose then sits at the door when he needs to go out (or just wants to lay in the sun)

Consistency is key here. If you are on top of it enough you can even train the dog to pee in the same spot every time (we had to do this since his piss kills grass like crazy)

Comment

Life hack #326

Comment

We kennel trained for ~6 months, then did the bell thing, then I just installed a pair of dog doors. Best $100 ever.

Comment

Use the search button.

Comment

peanut butter man, lots of peanut butter

Comment

Rub his/her nose in the mess, then beat them with a trolled up newspaper. Don't feed them much either, no food = nothing to poop out.

kidding!

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                          hell you may get lucky, mine just sorta figured it out, make a schedule feed him and make him stay outside for a while till he shits. then let him back in. if you leave for the day, put him outside. mine hasnt had an accident in over 6 months, he is about 1 now.
                          I'm lucky, for the most part mine came house broken
                          2012 GT500

Comment

Every time he shits or pisses in your house, return the favor.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                              then I just installed a pair of dog doors. Best $100 ever.
                              This. I will never own a dog without a dog door... they're great for the dog and owner.

Have you tried hitting it?

Comment

Working...
                              X