No announcement yet.

Anyone have an Explorer? (2011 and up)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have an Explorer? (2011 and up)

Looking at possibly going to test drive and buy one of these if it's financially feasible to get out of the BRZ. Need more cargo room and car seat room.

What do you like about it? What do you hate about it?

TIA if you have any info.

I love mine.

Relatively fuel efficiefficient and still powerful enough to pull a reasonably sized boat or trailer.

It's not an offroading machine but it's ok off paved surfaces

Front seats are really comfortable.

Decent sized for what it is.

Way better than an equinox.

Comment

Have a 14.

I dislike the flimsyness of the middle seats when folded down. I've already snapped one of the seatbacks because i had my knee in the wrong spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Binky View Post
        Have a 14.

I dislike the flimsyness of the middle seats when folded down. I've already snapped one of the seatbacks because i had my knee in the wrong spot.
        It's cool. Ratt is like 110lbs. I'm sure the bracket is fine.

Comment

How many car seats? Take your car seat to a dealer and see how it fits in one.

We bought a 2015 Expedition EL in December and we put the rear-facing car seat in one of the middle row captains chairs. Even in the bigger Expedition, the front passenger seat has to be moved forward a good amount for the car seat to fit. It's a temporary 'problem' and we'll be back to normal once the baby is old enough to face forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            I love mine.

Relatively fuel efficiefficient and still powerful enough to pull a reasonably sized boat or trailer.

It's not an offroading machine but it's ok off paved surfaces

Front seats are really comfortable.

Decent sized for what it is.

Way better than an equinox.

I really like them, but how much can you tow with a front wheel drive? Is yours awd?

CN

Comment

Originally posted by CyaNide View Post
              I really like them, but how much can you tow with a front wheel drive? Is yours awd?

CN
              I towed a 20 foot pontoon boat from Hubbard to Lewisville a few times. I wanna say all together it was about 3000 lbs. You could definitely tell it was there...and an f150 blows it away, but it was very doable. The size was a bigger impact than weight because it was so massive.

I regularly towed 800-1000 lbs around on my folding HF trailer and it's barely noticeable.

FWD base model btw.
              Last edited by Ruffdaddy; 01-19-2015, 08:27 PM.

Comment

I rent them all the time, I don't like the Sony media system, specifically the smooth buttons. I much prefer the interior in the 13+ Escape, but it's much smaller. The Explorer interior seems so dated in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                  I rent them all the time, I don't like the Sony media system, specifically the smooth buttons. I much prefer the interior in the 13+ Escape, but it's much smaller. The Explorer interior seems so dated in comparison.
                  I cannot stand capacitive touch buttons in cars, and am glad that my 2013 explorer has actual tactile buttons. This is the base model system though...and unfortunately the upgrades all have the smooth or touchscreen buttons.

Comment

Working...
                  X