No announcement yet.

F150 fever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have not changed to any of the other tunes yet...there is a transmission tune for towing and a economy tune for 87oct.

Comment

• How come know one ever notices the trailer when hooked up to a new truck?

Comment

• I've only towed the bay boat (19' Shoalwater) with my truck once, and it was vastly different from towing it with the suburban. When things warm up, and I'm towing the lake boat up and down the hills of Loop 360 to Lake Austin, that will be a bigger test for us. I don't really tow trailers loaded down with heavy equipment or travel trailers or anything else, although my truck has the max tow package and a goose neck, I guess I could tow something beyond bumper pull.
        Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

• Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
          http://www.leadingedgetuning.com/#!f150-ecoboost/clsh

I did the stage III with cats on my 12 FX4...very different truck. Beat my wife's stock 12 Camaro SS from a 30 roll to 100 and I have 20s and 35s. I'm guessing low to mid 13s ET with the lift and wheels/tires.
          You should give Shawn and SSI a try. Best tunes out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by David View Post
            How come know one ever notices the trailer when hooked up to a new truck?
            Beer. Drink enough you don't notice shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
              Power. Have enough you don't notice shit.
              fixed
              ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• Originally posted by David View Post
                How come know one ever notices the trailer when hooked up to a new truck?
                One of my trailers is an enclosed 22' Haulmark...I don't know the exact weight, but it's pretty stout...has the big torsion axles under it, extended tongue, and it's all finished out on the inside, so that adds to the weight too. I've hauled various sized cars in it, but probably heaviest being my old 70' Chevelle Wagon, and I've really been impressed at how well this half ton tows that trailer. I certainly know it's back there, but it's not a strain on the truck at all....I can honestly say it's as comfortable towing as some of the older 3/4 ton trucks that I've had in the past.

With the open trailer, sometimes I forget it's back there....especially on long hwy trips.
                70' Chevelle RagTop
                (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Working...
                X