No announcement yet.

F150 fever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had 2 fx4 5.0 and a 2wd ecoboost. Make sure you drive a ecoboost before you settle on a 5.0.
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

How long did it take those of you with the EB to get used to it? My buddy says the only thing he hates is that it sounds like a car.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

sounds like a singer sewing machine

Comment

Brent - I traded my 06 fx4 in on this one and never looked back. There's not much to get used to, other than not having to mash the pedal in anticipation anymore. Column shifter took a week to get used to but i do miss the console shift of the fx4. I do feel like I had a better idea of where the front of my truck actually was on the 06, but it was leveled and I had 70k miles behind the wheel of that one. As I get older and less interested in getting fucked with by law enforcement, I don't mind a quiet truck. I keep the radio on anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
            As far as 5.0 vs EB, I don't think there is that much difference between the two, and either is a good choice now. I do like the low end torque from the EB, and the V6 is really quiet and smooth.
            I agree... I have a 2013 supercab 5.0 with the optional 3.55’s. Typical highway mileage is 21-22. City mileage is 13-14.

The only way the ecoboost makes sense is if you do a lot of heavy towing or you plan to do some mods. A guy at work just got a Platinum EB. Our informal testing showed the 5.0 to be the winner from a dig and a roll. Fuel economy is a wash. And the 5.0 makes good sounds when you punch it.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
              I bought a 2012 FX4 a few months ago with 15k on it and love it. Only option it doesn't have is navigation which I didn't want anyways. It has the 5.0 and I average 14.6 in town, 17-18 on the highway, and I am not really gentle on her. I paid 33k and I think the sticker was 47k on it so I think I did alright. I really like the stereo with subwoofer built in, heated and AC black leather seats, and the center console and shifter is sweet.
              i just paid a little more than that for a brand new ecoboost Fx4 .. they are practically Giving them away! Sticker was 53ish on mine.. fully loaded..
              2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
                i just paid a little more than that for a brand new ecoboost Fx4 .. they are practically Giving them away! Sticker was 53ish on mine.. fully loaded..
                Yeah me too, I paid around 35k for my FX Ecoboost brand new. I even made them swap out the wheels for the factory 20"s. I'm sure with the 15's out now you can get even better deals.
                07 GT500
                05 SRT10
                88 turbocoupe T-bird
                93 Cobra
                86 coupe
                Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
                  Yeah me too, I paid around 35k for my FX Ecoboost brand new. I even made them swap out the wheels for the factory 20"s. I'm sure with the 15's out now you can get even better deals.
                  yup i think the only option mine didnt have was the 3.73s..
                  even has the cool Step in the tail gate
                  2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by blownragtop View Post
                    I agree... I have a 2013 supercab 5.0 with the optional 3.55’s. Typical highway mileage is 21-22. City mileage is 13-14.

The only way the ecoboost makes sense is if you do a lot of heavy towing or you plan to do some mods. A guy at work just got a Platinum EB. Our informal testing showed the 5.0 to be the winner from a dig and a roll. Fuel economy is a wash. And the 5.0 makes good sounds when you punch it.
                    Where did you get your info? According to what everyone else is saying your informal tests are off. Stock for stock EB beats the 5.0 in both of those categories. Not by a whole lot on MPG, but they'll run away from a 5.0 from a dig and pull pretty good from one on a punch. I've done my own informal testing too....as have a lot of other posters out here I'm sure.
                    70' Chevelle RagTop
                    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

In my realworld the ecoboost fails to beat the 5.0 in mpg when hand calculated. Easily possible. Not sure with all models but ours is a screw 4x4 platinum.

Ecoboost is pretty damn fast.
                      Last edited by akfodysvn; 01-19-2015, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                        In my realworld the ecoboost fails to beat the 5.0 in mpg when hand calculated. Easily possible. Not sure with all models bit purs is a screw 4x4 platinum.
                        What are you telling me here, exactly?
                        Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

My mothers 2011 Ecoboost F150 just had its engine replaced under warranty at Grapevine Ford, at 55k miles. The was a thick coat of oil in some of the piping, intercooler etc. Truck has been meticulously maintained. It was running on low oil. They reconditioned the heads and replaced the long block and a bunch of gaskets.

Edit: While she is always first off the line and way ahead of everyone else,

MPG's with 275/55/20 before engine issue: 16.6 city
                          MPG's with 275/65/20 before engine issue: 14.7mpg.
                          MPG's with 275/65/20 and engine issue:11.4mpg
                          MPG's with 275/65/20 and new engine: 17.6mpg
                          Detailing by Dylan
                          817-494-3396
                          Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                          Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Nice.

The 15's were not out yet when I bought mine. I did ok though, it already had a 2" lift, Rhino lined, exhaust, bed cover, and a 8 year 100k warranty. Plus you could have ate off of the frame. Guy took care of his stuff. I had zero interest in the Eco though.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

i drove a 5.0 and it was as gutless as my wifes old 5.4 expy.. the ecoboost felt a lot peppier... i drive 72 miles a day a averaging 35-40 mph. mostly stop and go and have averaged 16 mpg.. my wifes new expy has an ecoboost too... and averaged 18-20 freeway.

i liked the new 15 f150... but the fx was 56k and for 53 i could have bought an fx4 f250 or my 14 for mid 30s..: was a no brainer for me.. love it as a daily and soon tow pig once i pick up a trailer.
                              2016 250 Mini dozer

Comment

i drove a 5.0 and it was as gutless as my wifes old 5.4 expy.. the ecoboost felt a lot peppier... i drive 72 miles a day a averaging 35-40 mph. mostly stop and go and have averaged 16 mpg.. my wifes new expy has an ecoboost too... and averaged 18-20 freeway.

i liked the new 15 f150... but the fx was 56k and for 53 i could have bought an fx4 f250 or my 14 for mid 30s..: was a no brainer for me.. love it as a daily and soon tow pig once i pick up a trailer.
                                Maybe there is a break in period cause this son of a bitch breaks the tires loose at will. I almost have to figure that into my pulling out in traffic strategies. I came from a 7.3 Turbo so really anything would be considered faster then that. Hell who knows though this thing may have a tune on it. The guy traded it for a new Raptor so I figure he has choo choo money. My only regret was no long bed.
                                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                                X