No announcement yet.

Arrest Warrant Issued For 9 Year Old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was 8 I stole a pack of gum. My mom walked me into the store, made me pay for it out of my allowance and then threw it in the trash in front of me as well as beat my ass when I got home. No cops, no jury, no courtroom and no cost to taxpayers.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
      When I was 8 I stole a pack of gum. My mom walked me into the store, made me pay for it out of my allowance and then threw it in the trash in front of me as well as beat my ass when I got home. No cops, no jury, no courtroom and no cost to taxpayers.
      Winning!

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
        Wait. This is the board where everyone thinks LEO's do too much, right? Now you want the entire system funded by tax dollars, speeding tickets, etc. to use their resources to arrest, trial, and prosecute a 9 year old that stole a pack of gum? Just wanted to make sure I was still in the right place...
        Arrest, try and prosecute? No. Write the kid a ticket and either make his parents pay it or have him work it off with community service.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
          Arrest, try and prosecute? No. Write the kid a ticket and either make his parents pay it or have him work it off with community service.
          So the LEO spends time writing a ticket for the parents to just ignore it. Now, they get served papers which means court administration has been involved. Eventually they make it to court for a judge to make some kind of ruling, more papers processed, fees charged, etc. Those get ignored, and someone has to follow up again...You see how this process works? I have no problem with a LEO making a visit to the household to basically put the fear of God into the kid to do it again, but that's where it should have ended. Parenting wouldn't even need to have LEO involved.

Comment

Yes, that's exactly how the process works.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Working...
            X