Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does the government have to make things so difficult?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had fun with Denton when I built my house. They refused to let me tap onto their water supply that serves the area (and denied that the 20 or so houses on this side of the street are on their service) yet they required a utility easement on the front of the property in case they decide to extend their other water supply out here one day.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

My stepdad had hell with his last round of permitting with the city of Dallas. They couldn't decide what code to read from, and no inspector they sent out knew the relevant code to begin with. They bought a commercial building, and built an apartment into it, and the inspectors would say insane things like, "your atrium is a room. It needs an outlet," and, "where is the bed going to be? That determines where the bedroom door needs to be." My stepdad had been fighting the code office for weeks at this point, so he told the inspector that there was to be no bedroom door, and there was no requirement in the code for it, and he should come back when he knew how to do his job. It only took him about another month to get everything approved, lol.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Ran into the same thing with Grand Prairie with our first car lot. Fucking site was a car lot for years and then suddenly it wasn't zoned to be a lot. WTF?!?! Had to do all kinds of shit to get it approved. Next time, I purposely set up outside of any city limits.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
          My stepdad had hell with his last round of permitting with the city of Dallas. They couldn't decide what code to read from, and no inspector they sent out knew the relevant code to begin with. They bought a commercial building, and built an apartment into it, and the inspectors would say insane things like, "your atrium is a room. It needs an outlet," and, "where is the bed going to be? That determines where the bedroom door needs to be." My stepdad had been fighting the code office for weeks at this point, so he told the inspector that there was to be no bedroom door, and there was no requirement in the code for it, and he should come back when he knew how to do his job. It only took him about another month to get everything approved, lol.
          One of the analysts I work with lives down off of Lovers and the Tollway. He built a detached garage behind his house with an apartment over it. He had all sorts of hell with every inspector who came out from the City of Dallas. It was just a real pain in the ass for him at every turn from drawing of the plans (seven attempts for his architect to get it permitted) to framing to all the way to the end. Finally for the very last inspection, he knew they were going to hit him again for some more bullshit so he had his wife (pretty little late 20s blonde) meet the inspector for the final walk through. Inspector didn't even look at it, just talked to her for about 15 minutes and signed off on the whole fucking thing.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Wait till to have to deal with Medicare or Medicade for your parents- the levels of burarcy are astonishing and make no logical sense

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
              Wait till to have to deal with Medicare or Medicade for your parents- the levels of burarcy are astonishing and make no logical sense
              My Dad turned 65 yesterday and I'm already getting a taste of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                One of the analysts I work with lives down off of Lovers and the Tollway. He built a detached garage behind his house with an apartment over it. He had all sorts of hell with every inspector who came out from the City of Dallas. It was just a real pain in the ass for him at every turn from drawing of the plans (seven attempts for his architect to get it permitted) to framing to all the way to the end. Finally for the very last inspection, he knew they were going to hit him again for some more bullshit so he had his wife (pretty little late 20s blonde) meet the inspector for the final walk through. Inspector didn't even look at it, just talked to her for about 15 minutes and signed off on the whole fucking thing.
                I'm gonna tell him to rent a honeypot the next time he needs a walkthrough done. The really fun part about this is, he's an AIA award winning architect, and there was nothing in his house out of code, when they finally got down to checking it. It was all just what they thought the code was, and they were wrong.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Lol, do it without one.

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
                    Fucking (insert any city here).

So I have to submit about 2-3 permits on average a week to different cities around the country. I could tell you stories you wouldn't believe about the permitting folks. There are a few good ones but most of them are fat lazy fucks doing the absolute least amount of work to justify their paycheck.

I'm battling one in a Denver suburb right now that we built to the stated Denver codes for our project. He verbally approved our design but changed his mind at paperwork for permit time. I probably have to fly up there and attend a council meeting and plead my case since we've already built and the client is waiting.
                    um...if you have been doing this for more than a couple years you should know better than to proceed on a verbal. ALWAYS get shit from the city in writing before moving forward. PERIOD.

Comment

Huge reason I love living in our neighborhood. Our HOA/residents have been successful at keeping Fort Worth from incorporating us. Every neighborhood around us has been sucked up. No permits needed for anything we do to the house.
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

To answer your question: if shit was easy and not difficult they wouldn't have jobs.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                          Truth. The laziest, most incompetent people are in charge for each step of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                            One of the analysts I work with lives down off of Lovers and the Tollway. He built a detached garage behind his house with an apartment over it. He had all sorts of hell with every inspector who came out from the City of Dallas.
                            Fuck the city of Dallas and the city of Plano too. I will never live in either of those shit hole towns. I've had run ins with inspectors in both of houses that I had work done, never again.
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                            X