No announcement yet.

Ford to discontinue v8 motors in mustang, f-150 after 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like gossip stemming from the Ford GT non-v8 release. Perfect product to launch gossip from.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

They won't get rid of V8s they will just push the smaller engines with lower prices and premiums for the bigger V8s. Just like the 6.2 V8 was a $3500 option for the F150. You think it really cost Ford more to manufacture that engine than it cost for a twin turbo DI DOHC V6?

Writing is already on the wall with direction Ford will take.
      1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
        Have the eco boost truck had any problem hauling trailers.
        not here, going on 60k, I have had a 2000lb sprayer (loaded) in the back of the truck since I bought it also, and although its not my 1ton dodge diesel I have no complaints, in fact I prefer it to my same year 5.0 for driving and hauling.

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
          I've been drinking again.....
          I've been known to do the same. Party on Wayne!

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            Sounds like gossip stemming from the Ford GT non-v8 release. Perfect product to launch gossip from.
            Just to keep the argument going...
            2017 Raptor w EB

"And now it’s time for a first look at the next-generation 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor – to be unveiled at the 2015 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit. We’ve reengineered the F-150 Raptor to make it tougher, smarter, more capable and more efficient than ever. The 2017 is powered by an all-new high-output 3.5L EcoBoost® engine. This new engine gives the 2017 Raptor more horsepower and torque than the previous 411-horsepower, 434-lb-ft 6.2L V8 in the Raptor."

David

Comment

It had already been stated that the raptor was going to loose the v8. Since its not focused on towing as much I guess makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                My 13 is a 4x4 s-crew, I get 15.3 in the city (we live in a very hilly area in VA) on my drive to/from work -which is only 7-8 miles - and mid 18s when I get on flat land at 65ish.
                What engine?

Also ours might do better if it was going 65... but there is not much hwy that slow around here

Comment

Guess it'll be time to start using 'it'.

Sorry about the low quality but still a funny videoAll credit to South Park's creators.Legendado em Portugu?s.

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                    What engine?

Also ours might do better if it was going 65... but there is not much hwy that slow around here
                    Sorry, its the ecoboost. I'm also on the stock set of rubber still, and will undoubtedly lose a little bit with some new ATs. Out of town the speed limit ramps up to 70 for a couple miles, but yeah most everything around me is 65 or lower. It has 3.31 gears also, I fucked up when I ordered it.

Comment

• There have been tons of other internal combustion engine designs over decades (Not talking about Wankels). I would love to see one of the big manufacturers finally take another look at an altogether different and more efficient design. I don't buy the "if there was a better design out there, they would be doing it already.".

Comment

• Must be true, John Force heard the news and is back in a Chevy!

Comment

Working...
                        X