No announcement yet.

MPG's WAY Down !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interesting. I was searching online yesterday because my 2014 Silverado has been good for 460-475 miles per tank and I hit empty after 375 miles. I do warm my truck up so I know that played SOME part. The best I found was, denser air has more drag, longer to warm up to optimal operating temps resulting in lower mpg, and added strain from seat warmers, heaters etc

Comment

In my '12 5.0 I use premium and no difference, but in my wifes Fusion I have noticed a drop in mpg's using reg. unld., I had it for a full week and it was down 2 mpg's.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Switching to a winter blend can knock fuel economy down 10-15% by itself. Definitely switch to a different source first though. Gas station owners aren't making much money and they know when the state audits their pumps.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          In my '12 5.0 I use premium and no difference, but in my wifes Fusion I have noticed a drop in mpg's using reg. unld., I had it for a full week and it was down 2 mpg's.
          Fusion = Lead foot to accelerate compared to the 5.0, so that loss makes sense.

Comment

I have used unleaded in my '11 f150 5.0 since new and filled up with super two months ago. Mpg were at 12.6 and went up to 15 after filling up with super.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
              truck have auto start??

god bless.
              I do have autostart. Do MPGS calculate even when the truck is autostart ?
              Not cool

Comment

Originally posted by HECDOGGIE View Post
                I do have autostart. Do MPGS calculate even when the truck is autostart ?
                Not cool
                i think so man. i remember the same thing on my F150. then i realized i was having it sit and run for 10-15 mins every morning and that was sucking the gas.

god bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                  i think so man. i remember the same thing on my F150. then i realized i was having it sit and run for 10-15 mins every morning and that was sucking the gas.

god bless.
                  Not so much that its drinking the gas, but doing so with 0 distance associated to it.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                    Not so much that its drinking the gas, but doing so with 0 distance associated to it.
                    certainly. its getting zero miles per gallon for 10-15 mins.

god bless.
                    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                      I have used unleaded in my '11 f150 5.0 since new and filled up with super two months ago. Mpg were at 12.6 and went up to 15 after filling up with super.
                      Yes, this is true. I was running just regular fuel in my 5.0 and then I decided to run some premium in it and the mpg's went up.
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

MPG might go up switching to premium, but is it worth it when you calc $/mile? In my experience, no.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                          Use higher octane.
                          and dont buy from any store where the owner has a turban on, them shady fucks was allways trying to bribe me to drop reg in the premium tank.
                          They would have a 3k tank and order 5k of reg. Oh just put the rest in the premium tank. Witch I would tell them nope. And watch them walkaway pissed off. I know some guys who didnt care and would do it to just not have to mess with getting rid of the extra fuel. PITA

Comment

Upon Further Review, Paul was spot on. Running auto start in the AM lowers mpg BIG TIME.

I didnt think this counted towards my mpg since the truck info center wasnt on..

Conspiracy theory thwarted.

Comment

Originally posted by HECDOGGIE View Post
                              Upon Further Review, Paul was spot on. Running auto start in the AM lowers mpg BIG TIME.

I didnt think this counted towards my mpg since the truck info center wasnt on..

Conspiracy theory thwarted.
                              You didn't realize idling your truck in the morning would affect your fuel mileage?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                You didn't realize idling your truck in the morning would affect your fuel mileage?
                                I didnt realize Auto Start affected fuel mileage, furthermore, I never even thought about it.

Thats the beauty of DFWMUSTANGS.NET ... .Yall are all like brothers, some a**hole brothers, but still, brothers!

Comment

Working...
                                X