Canary Islands here I come!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canary Islands here I come!

My new job is sending me out to Las Palmas at the end of next week for me to get involved in a project out there. Anyone ever been? The pics look nice anyway.....

That's awesome dude. Will you be on land or offshore?

Comment

Well, there is a rig called DD1 - Deep Driller 1, that is coming in to dock there. We are going out there to commission a crane on it. I don't know a whole lot about it yet, as I have been in training all last week and next - Bosiet, Rigging, First Aid, etc., but I'm included in the email traffic pertaining to it.

One of the experienced engineers who's going out there with me is meeting up with me for a bite to eat later this week and will fill me in on the details.

I googled the DD1, it can be deployed just about anywhere, it looks like. So, it will be in the water, but not way out there. I'm not sure if we are going to live on it or come to land and stay in a hotel each night. But it is a 28 day hitch.

Comment

Cool cool...either way it sounds like a neat experience. Hopefully you get some land time!

Comment

I spent almost a week on Gran Canaria in Masapalomas at the Villa del Conde Lopesan resort and thalasso. It was on the south east side, very windy once you hit the east side from the winds off Africa. Waves, beach, big sand dunes and then only a few miles to some "mountains". We were the only English speaking people at the resort. Seemed to be 20% Spanish, 75% German and 5% English speaking.

Comment

Badass! Learn how to whistle loudly.
            Originally posted by lincolnboy
            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Yeah, I have been kinda half ass taking a Spanish tutorial when I get time here and there. Kinda like a Rosetta Stone thing except it's a free app. When I was in Monterrey a few months back I was trying to buy a medium shirt in the airport for my girl, and I was just about helpless as no one spoke a word of English.

I hope it's considered offshore so I can get the $150 a day bonus as opposed to $75 !!

Comment

I would imagine you'll be offshore
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

sounds awesome, just so you're aware its actually pronounced canary islands.

Comment

Awesome, that's where the Presa Canario is from.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                      sounds awesome, just so you're aware its actually pronounced canary islands.
                      Oh. I have been walking around saying it like "cannery", with the emphasis on the CANN part all weekend.

Thanks Rodney, LOL

Comment

I spent a week or so at Canary Islands back in 97. Palma Miorca was better. There us something in their water that makes all their women have fantastic tits and high heels.
                        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

What kind of crane do you need?
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

What kind you got?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X