Stolen Valor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
    Seems like 1 out of 10 guys I met in the oilfield claimed to be some sort of special forces. I had a lead mechanic tell me his military career went like this-@16 joined the army>became an army ranger>told he was too much of a badass and was forced to join the navy>became a navy seal>taught navy seal training(buds instructor)>would be specially flown in to rescue trapped/pinned down seal teams>now he works in the oilfield full time and does executive protection on the weekend or fly's dignitaries in his helicopter(s) or plane(s).
    Translation: Ex-con.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
      In my opinion it is a serious character flaw and speaks of this person's integrity. Yeah, maybe you can't do shit about it legally - but at least you'll know wtf you're dealing with. Plain and simple a piece of shit.

I remember my boot camp platoon, but am a little fuzzy for AIT stuff. I remember all my platoons, companies, brigades ...etc from active duty and reserves though. I'd find it hard to believe if you're a seal you would forget those details.
      This exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
        Similar story:

I occasionally where my [now deceased] brother's army fatigue jacket that he wore over in Germany as an Apache Crew Chief. I was so proud of him for what he had gone through to get where he was, and will wear it in his honor.

Well, one day in Walmart, a guy and his family passed by and he turned and said "thank you for your service sir". I was a little caught off guard and was hesitant on how to react. Think he even noticed that.

Anyway, I responded with "well, it's actually my brother's. He earned the right to wear it, I just do so to honor him but I'm sure he'd appreciate your kind words, thanks!".

It was a little awkward.

David
        Wearing it in honor and telling people that you didn't serve and why you wear it is the right answer.
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

My girlfriend's ex always told her that he flew Apaches and Blackhawks as an E-4 mechanic/chew chief.

I don't have the heart to tell her that -only- Warrant Officers and officers are allowed to fly, and the only flying he did was in the back.

Comment

It's getting worse and worse. Lately I've been running into more older folks claiming panama jumps and Grenada invasion stories.

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
              Translation: Ex-con.
              Hahahahahahahahaha! So true!

Comment

Working...
              X