Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does everyone do for work? I need to change jobs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does everyone do for work? I need to change jobs.

I had a situation at work recently that was a kind of "straw that broke the camel's back" with me being screwed out of some commission on a deal that I had worked but had another salesman help with.

I'm just curious what everyone does and how difficult it is to get into doing whatever you're doing.
    Imprisoned inside this mind, hiding behind the empty smiles.....

What do YOU Want to do ? Thats the main question.

Comment

im paid to post here.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I'm an aircraft mechanic. Love my job most days. You'll need to go to a trade school and get your airframe and powerplant license which takes about 18 months. There's jobs everywhere, just look at www.jsfirm.com

Comment

Engineering is my job title, but our team is strictly focused on escalated issues that the normal channels can't figure out. Its a very niche industry, without lmr or cellular experience I don't know how one would get in on this side. We do have lots of finance, pm, and administrative positions but those are filled through the hiring web page, head hunters, etc

Comment

Originally posted by HECDOGGIE View Post
            What do YOU Want to do ? Thats the main question.
            I honestly don't know. I thought about going back to school but I don't know what I want to be when I grow up, so I'm kind of stuck.
            Imprisoned inside this mind, hiding behind the empty smiles.....

Comment

It's ok to feel that way . Look into a trade, that would be my suggestion

Comment

Peterbilt assembly line in denton tejas is probably hiring.

Comment

I sell banking and banking accessories. /Bank Hill

Comment

I've always wanted to be a professional billionaire.
                    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I'm in defense...

So you'll most likely need to join the military or get an engineering degree, or both!!
                      Last edited by Z06killinsbf; 01-08-2015, 11:02 AM.
                      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I deal with the god damn customers so the engineers don't have to. I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Have you spoken with any military recruiters? It sounds like you are pretty young and inexperienced. It doesn't cost anything to talk with them and take an ASVAB. If nothing else you'll figure out what your strengths and weaknesses are and what kind of career you might be suited for.

As for me I sit at a desk and talk about cars over the phone. Basically I deal with customers that install our parts and figure out if they screwed them up or if we did and if we can fix it or not. It's almost impossible to get this gig though. I lucked out by having the right experience, certifications and being part of a hostile takeover. I haven't seen my boss in well over a year and only talk to him every other week or so.

Comment

IT stuff - you need to narrow it down a bit though.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

How old are you? I know a ton of guys get hired as aircraft mechanics right out of the military. If you do go military pick a job that's useful as a civilian.

Comment

Working...
                              X