Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you know any hotel concierge or front desk peeps? Got a business idea...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know any hotel concierge or front desk peeps? Got a business idea...

So I decided to start a transportation company and am looking to partner with a hotel. It's a niche market. Basically I want to partner with a hotel and take guests to and from the airport. The bread and butter would be airport transfers. It would be like a fancy taxi. We also take people all over DFW. Party buses and stretch limos are on the backburner.

So my question is, do you know any concierges at hotels? I want to house out of a hotel and pay the concierges $5 a trip. So basically if they send 10 guests my way, they'd make $50 bucks. The more trips, the more they make.

Company is registered with the city, state, has all required permits, and commercial insurance.

I'm still working on the webpage. Any suggestions for changes on the webpage? And no hookers and blow. lol.

Style & Comfort Transportation

Honestly you're going to have to find an independent or boutique type of hotel that's new to the DFW area that doesn't utilize any sort of transportation service. Nearly all of your major hotels in this area have their own transportation service provided by the hotel or one they already contract with. In addition, concierge services which offer more than transportation typically office out of properties. I can't say that I've seen specifically a transportation service office out of a hotel. You'd have to start at the top of the chain with any sort of chain hotel as the hotel manager can't just decide to start to using a service because they're getting a kick back. And that's for insurance/quality assurance purposes. Say someone isn't happy with you, the first place they're going to complain is the hotel that's using their service. I think your best bet will be getting your name out there and offer a referral bonus to local properties but to house out of a hotel, it's going to take a lot more work.
    Last edited by motoman; 01-07-2015, 03:53 PM.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Before Uber, I drove bus.

Comment

are you trying to compete with Lyft and Uber?

Comment

If you ever wanted to spread south there is a ridiculous amount of demand for shuttles from Houston area hotels to the Galveston cruise terminal. There isn't any one that does it well. Carnival has a transfer service if you leave the same day as your flight but nothing if you stay the night before. There is only one car rental place on the island and it's closed on Sundays and they murder you on one way rentals. Supershuttle is about the only reliable service and it's very expensive.

Also Galveston is in dire need of some transportation options!

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
            Honestly you're going to have to find an independent or boutique type of hotel that's new to the DFW area that doesn't utilize any sort of transportation service. Nearly all of your major hotels in this area have their own transportation service provided by the hotel or one they already contract with. In addition, concierge services which offer more than transportation typically office out of properties. I can't say that I've seen specifically a transportation service office out of a hotel. You'd have to start at the top of the chain with any sort of chain hotel as the hotel manager can't just decide to start to using a service because they're getting a kick back. And that's for insurance/quality assurance purposes. Say someone isn't happy with you, the first place they're going to complain is the hotel that's using their service. I think your best bet will be getting your name out there and offer a referral bonus to local properties but to house out of a hotel, it's going to take a lot more work.
            Yeah, I know it's going to be tough to get started but I figured if I could network and meet a few people and start from there. Then do referrals from there.

Originally posted by Binky View Post
            are you trying to compete with Lyft and Uber?
            No way I could compete with them. They have apps for phones and stuff. My vision is people that call the front desk and ask for a taxi to take them back to the airport, or to the Mavericks game because they're in town. Stuff like that. The plan is something a little more luxurious than a taxi with chauffeurs that have customer service experience and can speak English.

Originally posted by BP View Post
            If you ever wanted to spread south there is a ridiculous amount of demand for shuttles from Houston area hotels to the Galveston cruise terminal. There isn't any one that does it well. Carnival has a transfer service if you leave the same day as your flight but nothing if you stay the night before. There is only one car rental place on the island and it's closed on Sundays and they murder you on one way rentals. Supershuttle is about the only reliable service and it's very expensive.

Also Galveston is in dire need of some transportation options!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=414

I'd love to be able to expand but baby steps for now. I'm actually going to be looking for 3 drivers pretty soon. They'll get 50% of sales out of the vehicle they drive. The rest goes towards overhead (car payment, commercial insurance, maintenance, advertising, etc). Still trying to figure this out.

Comment

Just start hitting up every hotel front desk. I remember back two years ago in the ice storm, they would just call taxis and their shuttles wouldnt leave. Also, their shuttle services is limited to different areas.

Im just not sure how this is any different than any other car service.

Comment

Your business already exists in the hotel industry. There are already tons of independently owned and operated Town Car services that charge barely more than taxis, and give concierges at least twice what you're offering per trip.

Source: was a concierge for two years at a hotel in the DFW area, and was in the hotel industry on and off for a little under a decade.

Comment

yeah, car/limo services already exist, and are licensed, bonded, and insured.

If you want to start a car service then you may want to look into local licensing requirements

Comment

I work for the second largest owner of hotels on the U.S. but don't really see how this service is beneficial.
                    Originally posted by davbrucas
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Assuming the business has been around since 2003 as stated on the website and you are already registered and have insurance in place, I would say you currently already operate as a Livery transportation. What different is it from what you currently are doing now?
                      Allstate Insurance
                      Dominguez Agency
                      1101 E. Bardin Rd. suite 141
                      Arlington, TX. 76018
                      817-405-2011
                      tdominguez@allstate.com
                      Give us a call so we can take a look at your insurance needs, we may be able to save you $$!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stng5Pnt8 View Post
                        Assuming the business has been around since 2003 as stated on the website and you are already registered and have insurance in place, I would say you currently already operate as a Livery transportation. What different is it from what you currently are doing now?
                        He probably doesn't currently operate in direct partnership/conjunction with hotels.

This is not a niche market in DFW...it basically is THE market for hired transportation, unless you're talking about limos for prom and party buses, and other special event shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                          He probably doesn't currently operate in direct partnership/conjunction with hotels.

This is not a niche market in DFW...it basically is THE market for hired transportation, unless you're talking about limos for prom and party buses, and other special event shit.
                          Maybe fishing for concierges that are on the board to entice making a few extra buck$....sneaky ninja advertising? lol
                          Allstate Insurance
                          Dominguez Agency
                          1101 E. Bardin Rd. suite 141
                          Arlington, TX. 76018
                          817-405-2011
                          tdominguez@allstate.com
                          Give us a call so we can take a look at your insurance needs, we may be able to save you $$!!

Comment

Your business already exists in the hotel industry. There are already tons of independently owned and operated Town Car services that charge barely more than taxis, and give concierges at least twice what you're offering per trip.

Source: was a concierge for two years at a hotel in the DFW area, and was in the hotel industry on and off for a little under a decade.
                            Yeah, I know it exists. I'd be willing to give $10 for longer trips. That's what we do now. We just want to stability and consistency from a local hotel instead of going from place to place wasting time.

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                            yeah, car/limo services already exist, and are licensed, bonded, and insured.

If you want to start a car service then you may want to look into local licensing requirements
                            Done. We're legal to operate and fully insured with all permits.

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                            I work for the second largest owner of hotels on the U.S. but don't really see how this service is beneficial.
                            We're just trying to get a piece of the pie. A friend works for a company doing this and he makes about $500 a day after his fees on good days. Guy is doing nothing but $60+ airport trips a day.

Like stated above, I'd like to partner with a hotel and be their exclusive transportation provider instead of trying to hustle all over DFW.

Yeah, no partnership yet. I need to find a small hotel or two to start with. I'm sure the Omni or Ritz are out of the question.

Maybe fishing for concierges that are on the board to entice making a few extra buck$....sneaky ninja advertising? lol
                            I wish. Lol. Mainly looking for advice or suggestions. Sometimes there's some smart folks in here. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                              LOL! You mood spoiling SOB! I love when people run a business idea across me that is already being done, or is complete dogshit, and I get to cut the net they are standing on.

Comment

Working...
                              X