No announcement yet.

I lost my shadow this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! Good read, I'm a little teary eyed here. Glad that you were able to save her and it sounds like you gave her a very happy life.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
      Wow! Good read, I'm a little teary eyed here. Glad that you were able to save her and it sounds like you gave her a very happy life.
      ^ This.

Beautiful dog, too!
      Very partial to Shepherds as well.

Sorry for your loss man, truly!

David

Comment

Man, I'm sorry. One of the best things life has to offer is a good dog. I can't imagine life without a dog even though it hurts like hell when they die, but the pain gets easier over time.

Thanks for being there for Mila - you enriched both of your lives.

Comment

Shit ..

weird she died so fast like that ?

Nice looking dog, very sad

sorry for the loss

Comment

It's been rough today, not as rough as last night. I miss my fur ball so much. I relived the events from yesterday over, and over. Finding her laying lifeless, crumpling over her and balling my eyes out. Seeing her body laying on the table at the vet, still as beautiful as ever, but lifeless. Sigh

I stayed with her at the vet for a long time yesterday, stroking her fur and talking to her. I couldn't leave, knowing I'd never get to pet her head and feel those soft ears again. I am still devastated but everyone in my life contacted me yesterday, as well as you guys, and that helped cheer me up.

I felt guilty today, knowing I was home yesterday when it happened, 30 feet away from her and I didn't know she was dying. Could I have saved her? Could I have done something? I can't think about it like that but it's hard not to.

I just hope I did right by her, and I feel I did, it's just hard to shake all the guilt. Eventually I'll will realize that it was supposed to happen this way and she wanted it to, sparing me the agony of watching her pass, just finding her laid out and relaxed. It was most likely a heart attack, but I didn't want an autopsy. In the end it doesn't matter, it was her time.

Thanks again to all who read/commented and for all the kind words and compliments. I am picking up her ashes today, tomorrow I hope for some closure.

Last edited by Baba Ganoush; 01-09-2015, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X