The talk about fireworks got me to thinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The talk about fireworks got me to thinking

So my kid went to Afghanistan about a year and a half ago. He saw some action and isn't the same kid understandably. He has trouble sleeping and the fireworks freak him out as well. He has been home for a couple weeks before heading to Korea for a year and told me he wasn't even all that excited to come home because he misses his unit.

A small back story here. He used to race moto and was a pro level kid working his way up. We did te AMA Arenacross series in 2010. And before he got hurt in Reno he was was doing pretty good and almost had enough points to get his supercross liscence. Long story short I sold everything and told him we were done.

Well now that he's home I have a bike and he's been riding it. I took him to freestone this weekend for the first round of the winter series and he went 11-9 in the 250 pro sport class. It was a fun no pressure day as he's ridden a handful of times since feb 2010.

Anyway, he fell asleep last night at 9 pm and slept all night. Maybe not such a big deal for anyone here, but for me it was huge to see him asleep on my couch and just thought Id share

Carry on
    Originally posted by soap
    i can fix anything from a broken tractor to an aching pussy!!!

Tell him thank you for his service.

Comment

Sounds like maybe the link to a time from before the military gave him some peace. It may be worth following up on to help him.

From one vet to your son, please thank him and I wish him well in Korea and that he gets through his troubles.

Comment

Give him my thanks, and help him to hold on to the things he enjoys like riding. It will help remind him of the good we have at home waiting for him (along with family and friends).

Comment

he was probably worn the fuck out from riding all day lol

Comment

Working...
          X