my daughter is dead set on a 55 f-100 for first car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my daughter is dead set on a 55 f-100 for first car

She is about to turn 14. I have been trying to talk her out of it for 2 years. She wont have it. She loves the 55 ford with the v8 grill. The practical dad in me says hell no, but the other side is proud and saying hell ya. Just wondering if any of u guys have a line on a good 55 at a reasonable price. I dont mind if it needs paint or a little bit of work. I have 2 years to get it ready.

She could pick worse. At least she isn't one of those damn kids that thinks daddy should buy her a new $40,000 car at 16. I say good choice.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
      She could pick worse. At least she isn't one of those damn kids that thinks daddy should buy her a new $40,000 car at 16. I say good choice.
      Exactly my thinking. But the 55 is a bit harder to find than i thought.

Comment

Badass! Let's you know you're raising them right.

Comment

I seen a 57 chevy step side really cheap on facebook if she changes her mind a little $2000

Comment

Awesome daughter. Last time I was in DFW hanging out with my family, my little sister, 14 at the time didn't like the idea of inheriting my step-moms '08 Navigator. WTF?
            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
              Badass! Let's you know you're raising them right.
              Which is exactly why i want to get her one.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                Awesome daughter. Last time I was in DFW hanging out with my family, my little sister, 14 at the time didn't like the idea of inheriting my step-moms '08 Navigator. WTF?
                Guess it depends on what they want instead. I offered my 08 jku to her and she said "thanks but i really want a classic ford truck with the v8 grill....but if i have too i will drive the jeep.

Comment

Keep her away from the Copenhagen.

Comment

not 55's but....

Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000 vert View Post
                      Guess it depends on what they want instead. I offered my 08 jku to her and she said "thanks but i really want a classic ford truck with the v8 grill....but if i have too i will drive the jeep.
                      4 door Jeep Wrangler. Definitely cooler, but shit...beggars can't be choosers.
                      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by 2000 vert View Post
                        Exactly my thinking. But the 55 is a bit harder to find than i thought.
                        Well that is understandable. My suggestion would be find some around that year model, same body if possible, and go look at them together. You might be able to talk her into something even in a different body style if she picks it after seeing different trucks in varying conditions. However I love that body style so she has good taste. Good luck and post pics of the truck when you guys find it.
                        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I have not seen a 55 in a few months now on craigslist. If you find a 53 or 54 you can always swap the grill if she is set on that shape.

I would give her a chance to drive something that old before making any decisions. I doubt she has any understanding of the reality that is daily driving a truck that old.

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
                            I have not seen a 55 in a few months now on craigslist. If you find a 53 or 54 you can always swap the grill if she is set on that shape.

I would give her a chance to drive something that old before making any decisions. I doubt she has any understanding of the reality that is daily driving a truck that old.
                            good point. she does not. that is the direction I have been going for 2 years. I keep telling her an old truck is not like your moms Lincoln.

Comment

No power brakes, no power steering might be a little tough on a new driver

Comment

Working...
                              X