Fireworks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
    This was our neighborhood last night. Holy shit it was crazy.

10 minutes of this nonstop.

When did you move to the Houston area?
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
      When did you move to the Houston area?
      April

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
        Maybe I should get a thunder shirt.
        http://www.thundershirt.com/

Comment

Never been to combat (other than Compton), and it twists me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
            I have never had a problem, even when I was in Afghanistan. I spent a lot of time at Shank and Bagram, and both got hit quite a bit. Leatherneck was a nice respite, as the only explosions were outgoing, but I was only there for the last 6 months I was in Afghanistan. The only thing that makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up now is the damn incoming siren if I hear in a song/movie/etc.

*EDIT* I did want to add that I have anxiety in other areas; maybe I am weird. My problem has always been walking around everywhere overseas and almost never getting in a vehicle. Then, when I get picked up at DFW airport we immediately hop on the highway and I am white knuckles for 5 minutes until I get used to it.
            Shank was probably the worst installation I was at in theatre.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
              Shank was probably the worst installation I was at in theatre.
              Originally posted by Mike K View Post
              I have never had a problem, even when I was in Afghanistan. I spent a lot of time at Shank and Bagram, and both got hit quite a bit. Leatherneck was a nice respite, as the only explosions were outgoing, but I was only there for the last 6 months I was in Afghanistan. The only thing that makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up now is the damn incoming siren if I hear in a song/movie/etc.

*EDIT* I did want to add that I have anxiety in other areas; maybe I am weird. My problem has always been walking around everywhere overseas and almost never getting in a vehicle. Then, when I get picked up at DFW airport we immediately hop on the highway and I am white knuckles for 5 minutes until I get used to it.
              I was at shank when it was a tiny polish base back in '08. I was there for 6 nights and we got hit 5 of those. You could hear their mortars leaving the tube as they high angled the base. Round after round and the Polish didn't do squat. Then the US moved in and expanded the fuck out of it. Eventually last year they got two land based Phalanx CWIS base defense guns. They were very successful at knocking the rockets down. And eventually they went from bring daily down to a few times a month.

Bagram had 21 Phalanx CWIS systems up when I left in August but still were getting pounded and rounds were getting through. Even if they hit the rocket with the shells it would just deflect and land on base. How would you like to die from a round the cannon hit but deflected towards you? Ouch. When I left BAF in August they were still getting incoming 4-5 times a week.
              Last edited by KBScobravert; 01-01-2015, 10:38 PM.
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I was at shank when it was a tiny polish base back in '08. I was there for 6 nights and we got hit 5 of those. You could hear their mortars leaving the tube as they high angled the base. Round after round and the Polish didn't do squat. Then the US moved in and expanded the fuck out of it. Eventually last year they got two land based Vulcan base defense guns. They were very successful at knocking the rockets down. And eventually they went from bring daily down to a few times a month.

Bagram had 21 Vulcan systems up when I left in August but still were getting pounded and rounds were getting through. Even if they hit the rocket with the shells it would just deflect and land on base. How would you like to die from a round the cannon hit but deflected towards you? Ouch. When I left BAF in August they were still getting incoming 4-5 times a week.
                I did four tours at Bagram. Been through a lot of IDF attacks but my last deployment had a rocket hit 30 foot from me. Fun times...

And I hate fireworks when I'm not expecting them.
                You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Manila would have been a fun place to be (as if it wasn't already enough fun)...
                  "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I have talked thus over with close friends who worked/served in the same areas I did. For some it passes. But some of us spent too long around getting hit numerous times a week and even numerous times a day. I noticed after driving convoys for a year in Kabul. For many trips home I would drive around at home with similar thoughts and anxiety that I had in Afghanistan. I would catch it and laugh it off. After I stopped driving convoys the head games stopped after a short time. But I have never been able to shake off the explosions in the distance or firecrackers. My 10 month break in 2012, they didn't go away. And haven't gone away in the past four and a half months I have been home.

Shitty thing is, gun ranges etc I am fine. I enjoy the shit out of fireworks and I am fine watching them. It is just when I am home. Thunderstorms are just as bad though, no matter where I am.
                    My brother ended up as a convoy gunner, and after he got back, he would freak the fuck out at aluminum cans and other trash in the road.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      My brother ended up as a convoy gunner, and after he got back, he would freak the fuck out at aluminum cans and other trash in the road.
                      He also hated unexpected bangs.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                        He also hated unexpected bangs.
                        True.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                        X