Allergy Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allergy Test

I had an allergy test done yesterday , as part of my annual physical.

Came back allergic to :
    Mountain Cedar ( worst)
    White Oak
    Mesquite.

Does this mean its not a good idea to smoke using oak or mesquite ?

In april when i mowed i got really sick, turns out i have 6 large oak trees on my property..

Get a bubble or move

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
      Get a bubble or move
      Yep. If you live in Texas and are allergic to mesquite you might as well give up. And who the hell is allergic to oak and cedar? You must be in agony just from being indoors near furniture.
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I'm probably going out on a limb by saying this, but he is probably not allergic to the actual wood.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
          I'm probably going out on a limb by saying this, but he is probably not allergic to the actual wood.
          I wouldn't be so sure these days since strange and weird allergies are so normal and common vs 10 or 20 years ago.
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

No need to worry about being around or cooking with mesquite, or having proximity to oak. Your allergies are to the pollen they produce, not the wood themselves.

I'm highly allergic to Pecan Tree pollen but eat pecans regularly and am around the trees often. Only time they affect me is during pollination period. Check out when each of your allergens are active and avoid them then.

Now mountain cedar... Good luck there. You'll be hating life in late January / early February.

David

Comment

A lot of people are allergic to Mountain Cedar, including myself. Allergies suuuuuck.

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                No need to worry about being around or cooking with mesquite, or having proximity to oak. Your allergies are to the pollen they produce, not the wood themselves.

I'm highly allergic to Pecan Tree pollen but eat pecans regularly and am around the trees often. Only time they affect me is during pollination period. Check out when each of your allergens are active and avoid them then.

Now mountain cedar... Good luck there. You'll be hating life in late January / early February.

David

Good info...Earlier this year was the first time that i really wanted to do something about it. Im guessing with age it gets worse.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                  I wouldn't be so sure these days since strange and weird allergies are so normal and common vs 10 or 20 years ago.

My old lady had a test done. One of her allergies was birds.

Comment

As I get older I've found that I seem more prone to allergy type symptoms. I never had a problem for years with mowing and such, but over the last 8 years or so it began to bother me. I wear a bandana around my face and tuck it into my mowing shirt. I wear an old long sleeve work shirt and just button the top neck button to keep it in.

Comment

My allergies are so bad (and always have been) that I've never mowed a lawn in my life and I never will. I'm ok with that, but it's definitely a pain in the ass.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                        My allergies are so bad (and always have been) that I've never mowed a lawn in my life and I never will. I'm ok with that, but it's definitely a pain in the ass.
                        Pussy.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                          Pussy.
                          LMAO, it's a cost/benefit analysis thing. Mow the yard myself and spend the next couple of days laid up in bed feeling like hell, or pay Manuel to do it and move on. Easy math.

Comment

LMAO, it's a cost/benefit analysis thing. Mow the yard myself and spend the next couple of days laid up in bed feeling like hell, or pay Manuel to do it and move on. Easy math.
                            Why does he gotta be Mexican? White people mow, too!
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Maybe you should try using a maxi pad as a breathing mask. Worth a shot

Comment

Working...
                              X