QT station at Division and Collins in Arlington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QT station at Division and Collins in Arlington

IS this the most ghetto QT in all of DFW ?

Anyone every stop there and not get approached by someone needing gas money, wanting to sell you something, or just plain and simply requesting money cause you have it and they don't ?
    sigpic
    "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
    through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
    We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
    my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

I've never been approached by anyone there. Maybe you just look like a good mark?

Comment

No, it's not the most ghetto. I would think the Racetrak on Pioneer / 360 or maybe a couple places on Arkansas / Collins area would top it.

But... I have seen a few people milling around at the Collins / Division Q/T.

Thing is, every once in a while I feel like giving back. If someone asks for a few bucks I give it to them. It doesn't matter to me if they're going to by a beer or a hot dog with it. That's their problem. Giving something to the unfortunate is a good self esteem builder.

That is, if you don't go around telling everyone about it. So.... Now I have to do it again and not talk about it on the board. LOL!

Comment

The Stop N Go near my house is like that. Always having someone with their kids sell candy for some charity or to stay off the streets. I never buy shit from them, one too damn expensive (10 bucks for a little tootsie roll container) and two honestly I dont know if they are legit or not.
        Los Angeles Rams 11-5
        Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
        Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by prostock1 View Post
          IS this the most ghetto QT in all of DFW ?

Anyone every stop there and not get approached by someone needing gas money, wanting to sell you something, or just plain and simply requesting money cause you have it and they don't ?
          Had problems there twice in last 2 weeks! Almost got in a fight last time. That's the only place I've ever had a problem

Comment

And that's why you don't go east of Cooper.

Comment

no, thats why you go in arlington.
              Los Angeles Rams 11-5
              Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
              Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
                But... I have seen a few people milling around at the Collins / Division Q/T.
                I got hassled there so much I stopped going. Call me heartless or whatever but they have two arms and legs, if they wanted to they could stand on Cooper St in the day laborer lots and get free meals and some cash in their pocket. It's just easier to stand there and hassle people for money.

For a spin on this topic I went to the Vietnamese market on Belknap in Haltom City this weekend. Which yes it is very ghetto in itself. I've personally witnessed one robbery and a shoplifting in the Autozone next door. Inside the entrance way of the market though there was a fairly young black woman with an older black male and woman sitting in lawn chairs. They'd take turns yelling at everyone walking in that they needed help, demanding someone give them a place to stay.

I thought it was kind of weird for them to setup in a Vietnamese market. They didn't have signs, didn't ask for money or food. Just demanded a place to stay. It looked more like they were just bored and decided to sit there and hassle people all day.

Comment

Its not just you, I get asked everytime I go there as well. I quit going there all together because of it. Last time it was an older black lady probably around 55-60 and she just came up and said " I need gas money" I said no and she turned around and started to mumble something about her job and went right to the next car. I am convincd that these people have gas money but just stop and ask until they get some because they have zero shame and are playing on someone feeling sorry for their sorry ass.

Comment

That is honestly a very interesting location, the square made by abrams/collins/randoll mill/davis... That area of Arlington has quite a few degenerates.
                    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                    dont downshift!!
                    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Some of you people need to get out of your little sheltered suburban comfort zones and visit Stop 6 in Fort Worth if you think Division and Collins is ghetto. I dare you to go down there and even get out of your fucking car, or roll the windows down. And D/C certainly does have some ghettoness, but some of these comments are hilarious. Have you people never been out of DFW or what?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        Some of you people need to get out of your little sheltered suburban comfort zones and visit Stop 6 in Fort Worth if you think Division and Collins is ghetto. I dare you to go down there and even get out of your fucking car, or roll the windows down. And D/C certainly does have some ghettoness, but some of these comments are hilarious. Have you people never been out of DFW or what?
                        My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          Have you been there lately? There's a bunch of colored people over there.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                            Have you been there lately? There's a bunch of colored people over there.

The QT, or Stop 6? I find it pretty amusing that I frequently use the Caelum Moor park in between the two stadiums to walk. The path leads me about a block or two away from that QT, and I've walked it at 3 in the morning before without worries. I don't know, maybe I'm just not a gaping vagina? It's possible.

Comment

Coppell is so ghetto. I saw a 2012 Escalade the other day. 2012!!! Get that heap outta here!

Comment

Working...
                              X