3rd grader math question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd grader math question?

My kid's third grade math question has got me stumped. Is it just me, or does it not make sense?

"there are 228 blue cars and 189 black cars at the car dealership. There are 121 fewer white, blue and black cars together. How many white cars are there?"

The phrasing has me confused.

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
    My kid's third grade math question has got me stumped. Is it just me, or does it not make sense?

"there are 228 blue cars and 189 black cars at the car dealership. There are 121 fewer white, blue and black cars together. How many white cars are there?"

The phrasing has me confused.
    It's missing words. Read it like this:

There are 121 fewer white cars than blue and black cars together. How many white cars are there?

Comment

My kids have brought home some home work that didn't make any sense whatsoever. I just wrote a note on the question stating, wtf? Apparently there was a typo and a few words were missing...
      .....bro....

Comment

Ah! thanks. I thought I'd gone full retard! Turns out the school beat me to it.

Comment

My oldest is in first grade... I used to get in trouble in school for correcting the teachers (yeah, I've been an asshole most of my life) and I wonder how they will take it now...

Clearly it's missing a few words, be nice about it but if they give your kid crap for not getting the answer right then go full retard back on them. They work for your kids (ultimately)...
          Originally posted by stevo
          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

296? Kinda tough to answer a question when they cant word it correctly!

Comment

The answer is 42.

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
                The answer is 42.
                winning

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
                  296? Kinda tough to answer a question when they cant word it correctly!
                  I got that too
                  "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                  X