Terry Dorsey retires today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
    Yep. Same here. But I took a bass-ackwards trip in getting there.

My dad has long held that he will "die at the switch." He has no desire to retire because that would mean he actually has to talk to my mom.
    Lol I told my wife Id never retire because I can't stand the thought of being with her all day everyday
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

Comment

RIP Terry... Had some fun times

Comment

RIP man.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          My father will be 75 this year, and is still working 60+ hours a week. Works circles around people less than half his age, and it's impressive to see. I wish he would retire, so he can enjoy what little life he has left. However, he is old school in every sense, and firmly believes that "when you retire, you die".

RIP Dorsey.
          My old man is the same way. I worry about him, but it is what it is. His retirement he's been building on will never payoff on the restful side.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
            Work may be what kept him alive. A lot of folk feel like they lose purpose after retiring
            I think this happens quite a bit. People, particularly men, get so vested in their job, they know nothing else... it's their whole life. They don't want to retire, but are often forced out and then become lost as they no longer have a purpose in life.

12 months later and it curtains.

I wonder if Dorsey was force retired or if it was on his own terms? He seemed to really enjoy his position over there from outward appearances.

Anyone know any of the behind the scenes skinny?

mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
              I think this happens quite a bit. People, particularly men, get so vested in their job, they know nothing else... it's their whole life. They don't want to retire, but are often forced out and then become lost as they no longer have a purpose in life.

I wonder if Dorsey was force retired or if it was on his own terms? He seemed to really enjoy his position over there from outward appearances.

mardyn
              The way I heard it, he just up and retired with a week's notice.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post

mardyn
                He was sick and it was his choice in retiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                  The way I heard it, he just up and retired with a week's notice.
                  Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                  He was sick and it was his choice in retiring.
                  I listened to a bit of the show this morning. They said he had planned his retirement a year prior to actually retiring, but only gave his colleagues a weeks notice or so.

I hadn't heard read that he was sick, though I wondered if it was some kind of illness.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Some of his more recent pictures he looks ill.

Comment

Yeah he kept it a secret for months. I was talking to Hawkeye at my wedding and he said that Terry was going to try to fly down for the wedding but wasn't feeling well

All and all it's a sad situation

Comment

Didn't realize he was sick...

Fare well Dorsey, you provided us with many hours of great entertainment over the years.

mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by gearjammer351 View Post
                          I don't dislike Bo & Jim, but it seems like their shtick has been exactly the same for 25 years (or more- I've been listening for ~25 years). Like Led Zeppelin's music, it's not bad -just old.

I actually like the Russ Martin show. There ore often juvenile jokes, but the 'feel' of the show is very casual and it is sometimes funny.

I listen to a lot more AM talk and NPR these days. Yeah, I'm getting old.
                          When russ come on I turn the change quick his show suck the guy with the goofy ass laugh needs to be punched in the throat

Comment

Working...
                          X