looking for a new puppy....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a new puppy....

where should i begin my search to adopt/aquire/purchase a new puppy for Jr and i? looking for another rott, pit, or possibly a boxer. or another large breed dog with SHORT hair.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
    where should i begin my search to adopt/aquire/purchase a new puppy for Jr and i? looking for another rott, pit, or possibly a boxer. or another large breed dog with SHORT hair.

god bless.
    One of the degenerates by my shop has a pit/large mutt mix litter that arent weened yet, if your interested.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I'll go with my standard answer... get a Great Dane. Yes they eat a lot but they are awesome, laid back and loving dogs.
      QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

SPCA. Too many dogs out there need a good home.

Comment

If you want a dog that is to smart for its own good then a Rhodesian Ridgeback is for you.
          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
            SPCA. Too many dogs out there need a good home.
            This.. And I cannot count how many times friends / family have gone to "reputable" (read expensive) breeders for dogs with papers, and they have had major behavioral and / or medical problems down the road.

I want to suggest breed-specific rescues as well, but I don't think I would ever be okay with their contracts, which usually allow them to take the dog back from you if they don't like how you raise it. Granted, their heart is in the right place, but just like HOA's, it's usually the fuckheads that make those decisions for everyone else.

Comment

there is a local boxer rescue - http://www.savetheboxers.com/available.php

also www.adoptapet.com is a good site to look around

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                This.. And I cannot count how many times friends / family have gone to "reputable" (read expensive) breeders for dogs with papers, and they have had major behavioral and / or medical problems down the road.
                Exactly, my rescue mutt is a way better dog then ones I've met that people paid good money for. Most I will ever pay for a dog is an adoption fee, but I prefer free.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                  If you want a dog that is to smart for its own good then a Rhodesian Ridgeback is for you.
                  Yup.

Comment

Weimaraner, Vizsla (medium sized dog), German Short-haired Pointer, Rhodesian Ridgeback, all are good choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post

I want to suggest breed-specific rescues as well, but I don't think I would ever be okay with their contracts, which usually allow them to take the dog back from you if they don't like how you raise it. Granted, their heart is in the right place, but just like HOA's, it's usually the fuckheads that make those decisions for everyone else.
                      I have a pure bred boxer that is retarded. Melanie's ridiculously expensive toy poodle has had at LEAST $5000 in surgeries on her bad legs. I agree with Craig's post. Rescue.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        I have a pure bred boxer that is retarded. Melanie's ridiculously expensive toy poodle has had at LEAST $5000 in surgeries on her bad legs. I agree with Craig's post. Rescue.
                        you know what they say... retarded dogs typically take after their human parents

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                          you know what they say... retarded dogs typically take after their human parents
                          The only smart things he does, he got from me. I don't piss myself.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Our pit bull is full blood and is very smart. He is still in the "puppy" stage, and gets hyper as shit but is a really good dog.
                            Imprisoned inside this mind, hiding behind the empty smiles.....

Comment

I have a Reverse brindle Blue Heeler/Golden doodle mix -pup...he's about 4 months old that we are looking for a good home for. He is a good looking dog! A few people have wanted him but we dont feel they can offer him a good home. So we've kept him the longest. All the other breed went pretty quick.

If you want a pic of him...PM me your number.
                              Originally posted by Da Prez
                              Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                              Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Working...
                              X