And there was much rejoicing in the land.... Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
    You be the judge! I wouldn't mess with a phone while pumping gas. Damn sure wouldn't smoke near a gas station
    Obviously the car was stolen and the perp was getting rid of the evidence.

Comment

• Lol, put my truck on a used lot today. I hope to get a buyer before all the repo's pop back up for sale.

Comment

• So I read on fox4 a couple gas stations around Keller were in a bit of a price war. Qt and another station had dropped their price to $1.69
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
          I just don't care to argue the rest of this thread but...

This is outside Garden City right now. This is not a rig-up yard or a boneyard. These are all turning to the right for Energen as we speak.

I heard Energen has their oil sold at $90 a barrel.. so no slowing down for them. .

Comment

• Originally posted by jluv View Post
            You really think the cell phone had anything to do with that? Come on, man.
            It probably won't. Probably static from his hand. I can't use a cell phone on a fuel rack so why should you be able to at the pump? Just forgetting to use gloves at a rack can burn it down.
            Last edited by Captain Crawfish; 12-19-2014, 07:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jefehbk View Post
              So I read on fox4 a couple gas stations around Keller were in a bit of a price war. Qt and another station had dropped their price to $1.69
              Yep, the "other station" is a freaking Exon for God's sake! LOL
              (shhh, don't tell Eric, he'll have a throat punch headed your way)

David

Comment

• I bought Christmas gift cards at Kroger this week. With that and groceries I've got a $1 per gallon discount coming. Time to gas up like it's 1999..

Comment

I can't use a cell phone on a fuel rack so why should you be able to at the pump?
                  For the same reason I can wash my windshield, scratch my ass, stare creepily at the big-tittied chick at the next pump, and sing Christmas songs with a poor Jamaican accent. None of those things are going to create a hazard.

Comment

For the same reason I can wash my windshield, scratch my ass, stare creepily at the big-tittied chick at the next pump, and sing Christmas songs with a poor Jamaican accent. None of those things are going to create a hazard.
                    Um, the scratching of the ass might. Just sayin.
                    Photobucket

Comment

sing Christmas songs with a poor Jamaican accent.
                      This is happening in my head right now. Glorious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                        No, these are small commercial deals. At least two apartment complexes. The stated reason was oil prices.
                        The fall in prices has been pretty quick. I'm sure things will balance out with other segments moving forward. If people have $100 to spend, they are going to spend it, be it on fuel or bullshit.

Comment

Oil investors keep betting wrong on when market will hit bottom

Written by Bloomberg - 19/12/2014 10:30 am

Investors betting on a rebound in oil prices are nothing if not tenacious.

They have poured the most money in more than four years into exchange-traded products that track oil as prices fell 18% this month.

It’s the third consecutive month that the four biggest US funds have received money, during which time futures have plunged 41%.

“It’s a testament that after such a wild selloff people are more and more eager to step in and wait for this eventual rebound,” said Stoyan Bojinov, a Chicago-based analyst at ETF Database.

“Oil looked cheap a month ago and it’s even cheaper today, that’s why we continue to see these inflows.”

Oil prices have tumbled by half since June amid surging production and slower than expected demand growth.

Output in the US is the highest in three decades, and OPEC, responsible for about 40% of global supply, maintained its output target at a November 27 meeting.

The US Energy Information Administration said last week that consumption around the world next year will be 390,000 barrels a day less in 2015 than it forecast in October.

WTI for December delivery fell $2.36 to settle at $54.11 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange today.

The EIA expects WTI to average $62.75 a barrel next year, down from the October estimate of $101.67.

Oil funds keep receiving money even as investors flee commodities amid the price slump in oil, corn and gold.

ETFs tracking metals, energy and agriculture have seen a net withdrawal of $169.4 million this year.

ETFs that track oil prices give people the opportunity to bet on price moves without requiring the large amount of capital necessary to invest directly in commodity exchanges.

They also give hedge funds that normally trade equities a chance to wager on a commodity without setting up new back office systems.

The four biggest US exchange-traded products tied to oil, including the US Oil Fund and ProShares Ultra Bloomberg Crude Oil, received a combined $702.2 million this month as of yesterday, following a $559.85 million inflow in November, according to ETF data.

It’s the most in any month since May 2010, when the funds received $1.54 billion.

The four funds had 121.2 million shares outstanding yesterday, the most since August 2010, according to data.

“You want prices lower if you’re buying,” John Hyland, chief investment officer of United States Commodity Futures Funds, the Alameda, California-based manager of the United States Oil Fund, said by telephone.

“Your chances of getting a big bounce are better if you’re buying at $50 or $75 than at $100 or $125.”

Comment

• US Rig count only went down by 18 this week.

(Remember the week before was -27)

Comment

Your Jamaican?

Comment

Your Jamaican?
                                You're

Comment

Working...
                                X