Guy at service King... Need Stat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
    I don't think you guys want to mess with a roller at this point. DJ made a good point about SN and NE gens values as well. Seriously, stick to your guns and take the time and get another fox for the kid. He has shown that he will take care of it, and if you're inconvenienced for another whole week or two before you find it, is that really a big deal in the scheme of things? He is likely going to end up being a car guy, and right now this is going to be heading in one of two directions. He is going to get something newer and boring, and regret for the rest of his life that his awesome car that he was in love with was taken out of his hands, Or he can look back and say that he was able to get a similar but better replacement(maybe a different color he would prefer, or an engine mod or two like a Cobra intake or something) and it will be something he will be happy about. If he was a little shithead I'd be telling you to buy another car from Don, only this time make it a Festiva. Give the kid a break, he's already had a shitty couple of weeks.
    Agreed on the roller. And I agree with most of everything else.. Like I said, we may well end up finding the right fox. No time limit has been put down to say we HAVE to have something by x date, but we would LIKE to have it resolved asap.

I'd be willing to take more time looking if you would be willing to drive him to and from work and school in the mean time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chili View Post
      Agreed on the roller. And I agree with most of everything else.. Like I said, we may well end up finding the right fox. No time limit has been put down to say we HAVE to have something by x date, but we would LIKE to have it resolved asap.

I'd be willing to take more time looking if you would be willing to drive him to and from work and school in the mean time.

I would cost you more than Uber.

Comment

• Lowball whiteboy on that calypso hatch...

Comment

• Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
          Lowball whiteboy on that calypso hatch...
          I already did, he ain't budging...
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Quit being a dick and buy him a yellow lambo already!!
            Apparently the days of giving your kid a $500 shit-box and him being happy are long gone!

At least he doesn't go to a school with a large population of rich kids.. They set the "teenager-car" bar way too damn high.

Hell, I have mentioned it before here, but my brother bought his oldest a brand new Challenger when he was 15 (right when they came out), and more recently bought his second a Raptor, also at 15. It stings a bit when your 2 teen nephews have a nicer cars than you.

Comment

Lowball whiteboy on that calypso hatch...
              Even being an auto, I really like it. I drooled on it a bit when we were at his shop driving that GT. Like H said, he ain't going for lowballers on that one.

Comment

With the exception of this, I agree with you 100%. But given the totality of the situation, it just may not be in the cards.

As to the exception, he was certainly proud of his car, but I honestly had hoped to see him more invested in it. Not trying to throw him under the bus, but he only washed the thing a handful of times, kept a ton of shit in the inside (garbage, clothes and whatnot), and didn't really spend the time with it that I expected he would. Hell, the first time a vacuum touched it since we got it in January was when I did the clutch cable like 2 months ago. And that was me doing the drivers side floor board because I didn't want to lay in all the shit that had collected.

This did start to improve over the last month or so, so I hope it continues with whatever he ends up with, but I have spent more time and effort on cars I didn't even like. lol.
                Ill stand by my statement on facebook, the boy needs a miata.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

As to the exception, he was certainly proud of his car, but I honestly had hoped to see him more invested in it. Not trying to throw him under the bus, but he only washed the thing a handful of times, kept a ton of shit in the inside (garbage, clothes and whatnot), and didn't really spend the time with it that I expected he would. Hell, the first time a vacuum touched it since we got it in January was when I did the clutch cable like 2 months ago. And that was me doing the drivers side floor board because I didn't want to lay in all the shit that had collected.
                  lol @ 11 hrs to do a clutch cable...

He sounds like my daughter as far as taking care of cars. Though he does sound like a good kid, at this point I would just buy him a car to get around in. I knew my boy would take care of his Lightning, but my daughters, that's a different story. I am by no means putting down down your boy, but some people just don't deserve sports cars or nice cars. My youngest daughter wants a new Mustang, I just laughed. I told her that theres no way in hell she is responsible enough to have a care like that. Keep rolling the Fiesta, it suits her best..
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                    Ill stand by my statement on facebook, the boy needs a miata.
                    Haha.. It takes a very secure man to be willing to DD a Miata. Kinda like the Festivas.. I give you and Don props for your car choices!

Comment

Haha.. It takes a very secure man to be willing to DD a Miata. Kinda like the Festivas.. I give you and Don props for your car choices!
                      I dont get the festy thing, never have. The miata is a big go-cart, so daily driver duty isnt as boring as a civic or the like.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Sure, you keep telling yourself that buddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                          lol @ 11 hrs to do a clutch cable...

He sounds like my daughter as far as taking care of cars. Though he does sound like a good kid, at this point I would just buy him a car to get around in. I knew my boy would take care of his Lightning, but my daughters, that's a different story. I am by no means putting down down your boy, but some people just don't deserve sports cars or nice cars. My youngest daughter wants a new Mustang, I just laughed. I told her that theres no way in hell she is responsible enough to have a care like that. Keep rolling the Fiesta, it suits her best..
                          I wouldn't even go so far as to say he doesn't deserve the car he wants, because he really is a good kid, I just know that any 20 plus year old car needs extra attention.

Part of it is on me as well. I need to do a better job of getting out there with him and tinkering. I haven't done enough to encourage that but intend to do more in that regard.

Same with working on it. There were several of the issues I worked on that I could have had him do with my supervision, but was just wanting to get it done as quickly as possible. Another disadvantage is that I don't have nearly as much experience and knowledge as some of you guys, so part of me doing something usually includes figuring stuff out as I go.

That is also one of my concerns with another fox. Several guys here helped me out with issues on the old one, and I hate to have to keep asking them for help.

BTW.. No, it wasn't anything near 11 hours. lol. It did take longer than it should have though, just because we were taking our sweet time (intentionally). I actually spent a lot of time on this last one just walking him through a lot of little things, and explaining stuff to him as we went. Much more than the usual, which would be just having him fetch tools.

He is also taking auto-shop at school, which has helped him start to gain general knowledge, and seems to have increased his interest over the last couple of months.

Comment

• Lol @ the 3rd..

I was going to push him more towards an SN95, but he is pretty adamant that he does not want one. I think that they can be pretty sweet if modded right.

Comment

I was trying to find one as a daily. Found a corvette instead. The miata does look like crazy fun though, a grown up go kart.

Comment

Working...
                              X