Any serious bowlers in here ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    I don't leave any specific pins up consistently, but sometimes it just seems like the ball comes in too flat on the head pin and doesn't have enough angle.

I dunno. I am rusty and the last experience at Shenanigans threw me off.
    Sounds like the ball to me. The tornado has a pretty weak hook potential from what I'm seeing, could be why it's coming in flat. The DV8 line has my full endorsement, the power and hook that it packs is unreal.

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
    Good game, sir!
    Thanks. Now I'm looking for a 600 series, followed by a perfect game. I think I have the game and equipment for it, but it's the mental errors that need to be cleaned up.

Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
    I've yet to try ennis, seven points is fine but I normally go middle of the day so it's empty.
    Ennis seems to be much more consistent on the lanes, plus it has a better atmosphere. Since the weather has been improving, there hasn't been a wait. Plus it's only a buck a game on thursday nights.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
      Sounds like the ball to me. The tornado has a pretty weak hook potential from what I'm seeing, could be why it's coming in flat. The DV8 line has my full endorsement, the power and hook that it packs is unreal.

Thanks. Now I'm looking for a 600 series, followed by a perfect game. I think I have the game and equipment for it, but it's the mental errors that need to be cleaned up.

Ennis seems to be much more consistent on the lanes, plus it has a better atmosphere. Since the weather has been improving, there hasn't been a wait. Plus it's only a buck a game on thursday nights.
      it could be the ball, or it could be me being inconsistent. That's the crazy thing about bowling I guess.

When I first started bowling in a league, we had a couple guys on our team with 215 and 220 averages. One of them came one pin shy of 300 one night. I can't imagine being pissed off at myself because I only scored 205 or 210.

Comment

it could be the ball, or it could be me being inconsistent. That's the crazy thing about bowling I guess.

When I first started bowling in a league, we had a couple guys on our team with 215 and 220 averages. One of them came one pin shy of 300 one night. I can't imagine being pissed off at myself because I only scored 205 or 210.
        I've got a handful of 299s. One 7 pin and two 8 pins. The 8 pins were way more painful because both of those were buried in the pocket. The 7 came across hard into the pocket, I deserved that one.
        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

I'm pretty damned happy with anything over 200. I do get seriously pissed at myself when I know that I can do better, but my head gets in the way. I don't have that issue so much in bowling, but it was very bad in tennis.

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
          I've got a handful of 299s. One 7 pin and two 8 pins. The 8 pins were way more painful because both of those were buried in the pocket. The 7 came across hard into the pocket, I deserved that one.
          That's impressive. Did you ever try bowling in cash tournaments or going pro? If I can get to that level, I can't see myself not trying to make money off from it.

Comment

Finally going bowling after a few years. Dumb fractured sternum.

Comment

No, my best average was 204.
              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
              dont downshift!!
              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Anyone up for bowling tonight or tomorrow night?

Comment

Anyone up for bowling tonight or tomorrow night?
                  Depends on what time. My mom's birthday is tonight, so I have to be with her till about 7. Tomorrow I will definitely be free.

Comment

bad storms rolling through tonight.

Want to bowl in Terrell tomorrow night.

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                      bad storms rolling through tonight.

Want to bowl in Terrell tomorrow night.
                      Not a huge fan of their pricing on Saturday night, but sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                        Not a huge fan of their pricing on Saturday night, but sure.
                        What time you want to meet up there? 7, 8?

Comment

What time you want to meet up there? 7, 8?
                          7 works for me. PMing you my cell number.

Comment

• Fun times last night. I think i stuck with my 160ish average last night. We need to do it again.

Comment

Fun times last night. I think i stuck with my 160ish average last night. We need to do it again.
                              Yep. I averaged 160 as well. I still vastly prefer ennis over terrell, the ball doesn't bounce 6 inches off the lane when lofting.

Comment

Working...
                              X