Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have experience with the Chevrolet Avalanche?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have experience with the Chevrolet Avalanche?

My wife and I are thinking about buying a used one in good shape. 2006 model. Any known issues with these? It's a 5.3L.

TIA.

Originally posted by GT Fanatic View Post
    My wife and I are thinking about buying a used one in good shape. 2006 model. Any known issues with these? It's a 5.3L.

TIA.
    Too much plastic and bad gas milage

Comment

My Brother had an 05 for about 5 yrs.(from 89k to about 125k miles). He didn't really have any issues other than ones he caused. He wrecked it once and after that the airbag fail light would come on intermittently. It was 2WD that he put some beefy tires on and lifted it a little which killed the mileage. The plastic around the bed is kind of a bitch to keep looking good if the truck has been out in the sun much. And if the rear window has been taken out much, then it will probably leak when you go through a car wash.

Comment

Originally posted by GT Fanatic View Post

TIA.
        Friend of mine worked at a dealership as soon as one was traded in they would send it to auction to get rid of it. They had too much problems with stuff breaking inside and out. If you have the chance go look at other avalanches you will see all of them have issues with fading plastics and in different broken conditions

oh check this out

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
          I like the cargo management but the whole point of an Avalanche was the midgate design.

My brother has one with nearly 300K miles on it. He beats the crap out of it but does all his maintenance and such. It still gets the job done.

Comment

Those fucking things are hideous

Comment

Oh, on a funny note.

My brother went two years not knowing that the bed had those side storage compartments. He only found out when I got nosy and popped one open to see what he kept there.

Of course this is the same guy that swore up and down that his Hummer H3 (non Alpha) had a V8.

Comment

Originally posted by TRAILBLAZER View Post
                Bingo

Comment

Originally posted by TRAILBLAZER View Post
                  Since you brought it up! "cough" El Camino "cough"
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

And system issues
                    If it has the automatic steps the motor / module will go out
                    Ground issues on frame

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                      Since you brought it up! "cough" El Camino "cough"

Comment

Working...
                      X