debt collector calling....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• debt collector calling....

so obv. i was supposed to register the PAPER PLATES that were on the jeep for no more than a month when i bought my jeep last Aug. Got a call for $90something for NTTA toll violations from a collection agency. i never received a single bill from NTTA at all. in fact they hit my autopay every couple of months for just my daily toll charges. i went through a divorce and have since bought a new home so maybe they sent it and i didnt receive?? ive had a toll tag for the better part of 10yrs always connected to my debit card. so now they think i am going to pay all of these extra fees and penalties for something i never received. my acct. on the NTTA is and has always been in good standing, if i look now there is no mention of any outstanding bill. the rude ass debt collector that called was blown away when i told her i would just get a fake registration sticker once she filed with DPS since i refuse to pay all of the overages. fuck you ntta.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

LOL! Just call NTTA directly. Never talk to debt collectors, there is absolutely NOTHING positive that can be gained from it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      LOL! Just call NTTA directly. Never talk to debt collectors, there is absolutely NOTHING positive that can be gained from it for you.
      i emailed NTTA after seeing my acct was in good standing to explain the situation and got a response that it was sent to collections and they could not do anything. you think its worth a phonecall, or should i just continue with my badass, hardcore, outlaw single father lifestyle???

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
        i emailed NTTA after seeing my acct was in good standing to explain the situation and got a response that it was sent to collections and they could not do anything. you think its worth a phonecall, or should i just continue with my badass, hardcore, outlaw single father lifestyle???

god bless.

I'd ask to speak to someone who actually had the power to do something, but then again I've never had to deal with those fucktards and I've read more horror stories than I can remember about their bumbling incompetence.

Comment

I think the debt is more or less sold to collectors and forgotten about overall. I could be wrong, but that's how I understand that working. The original party is no longer involved.

i.e you owe me 10 dollars, don't pay. I sell it for 3 dollars. The debt collector I sell it to tries to get 4+ dollars. PROFIT!
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Yep. Like talking to a cop.

Comment

real G's don't fear the collection man! Just hide round the first of the month like all the homies!

Comment

I have had the morons at NTTA send me the letters (when I have a valid CC on file and the car they're nasty-gramming me about has a valid toll tag) twice in the last year. Both times, I did the same thing: I called around 5:30pm (they seem to change shifts at 6 from what I've been told) and WAS REALLY NICE to the person who answered... made them laugh and was cheerful. Both times the late fees (which are BS we all know, but they can make them stick just to do it) were waived without me even bringing it up and they even sent me another toll tag for free for the car that's tag wasn't registering. The point is, I try to make one collection person's day a bit better at the end and they seem to respond in kind.
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

For most collections, they can generally profit if they get 15% of the original amount.
                  sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                  17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                  13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                  65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                    For most collections, they can generally profit if they get 15% of the original amount.

Speaking of collecting, whatever happened with you saying you would bet Brent any amount about that thread being edited or deleted, then mods posted screen shots showing that nothing had been deleted?

Comment

Speaking of collecting, whatever happened with you saying you would bet Brent any amount about that thread being edited or deleted, then mods posted screen shots showing that nothing had been deleted?
                      Awwww man, you know he was just bullshittin...
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

He figured out he was dead wrong, and promptly shut up about it.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          lmao!
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            [Tremor14]Is dis what you call de' boosh ?![/Tremor14]
                            Imprisoned inside this mind, hiding behind the empty smiles.....

Comment

I would have told them to delete that bill or show titts.

Comment

Working...
                              X