Agonize with me.... New Job is just within reach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
    Well I am a lame duck. I gave my notice last week. Then the president and my boss had a meeting with me and offered me more money to stay with them, but I stuck firm with my decision. Nothing going on in the field this week so I'm just chilling out at home getting paid!
    As hard as you fought for the job, I'd hate to see you crumble and stay...

I think it's something like greater than 90% of people that accepted the current employer's counter offer wound up leaving (either on their own or by the will of the company) within one year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
      As hard as you fought for the job, I'd hate to see you crumble and stay...

I think it's something like greater than 90% of people that accepted the current employer's counter offer wound up leaving (either on their own or by the will of the company) within one year.
      I told them on Thursday that I would think about it..... but only because the company Christmas party was that night and I wanted it to go smoothly with the bosses and all.

They gave each of us a pair of Bose Quiet Comfort 25s and we had dinner at the Smoke BBQ restaurant by the Belmont Hotel in Dallas.

This morning I got an email from my boss asking me if I had come to a decision, and I wrote back that I am sticking with my decision to move on.

Then I got a call from the president of the company, which I am about to return.

They really want me to stay but I have been through too much to change my mind at this point. Plus even with the extra 15K immediate raise it's still quite a bit off from my offer from the new company.

Comment

• I went though this years ago and over the time of my 2 weeks resignation the owner came to me twice offering more money. Best feeling and best decision I ever made by moving on. Good luck on your journey!

Comment

• Yeah sometimes it's best to stay, sometimes it's best to move on - only you can decide that one for sure. Sure seems like you worked hard for that new job though.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
          X