No announcement yet.

Agonize with me.... New Job is just within reach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it falls through and you have building automation experience I can try to get you an interview at an engineering firm. I got hired with an arrest on my record.

Comment

and then.......?

Comment

Extremely unorthodox interview. I'll find out Wednesday. I'll explain later. I've been in airports and rain and ice all day. Just made it it Jackson Missouri. I think I did ok though.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Comment

Best of Luck!!
          Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

No worries.....Chris has a HUGE taint! More details on the unorthodox interview!!!!

Originally posted by jayjohnson600 View Post
            This is because most companies just don't need to accept a potential employee with even the slightest taint let alone a record that has the red stamp of felony at the top, and anyone who handles the requisition is also taking on a similar risk for "going to bat" for the candidate, people just don't need that(no matter what they tell you). That seems to be what is happening, the background check stops at the first paragraph of your record.

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
              Extremely unorthodox interview. I'll find out Wednesday. I'll explain later. I've been in airports and rain and ice all day. Just made it it Jackson Missouri. I think I did ok though.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
              So what's the word?
              Carl S.
              2014 Ruby Red Premium GT A6, stock for now
              80 Coupe, Stroked 9.2" Windsor, Yates C3, Dominator, glide, 9.60s n/a, 1.27 sixty 5.48@127.8 nitrous on radials.
              9.32@128 pedaling it half track
              sigpic

Comment

Still waiting.

As far as the interview, the company paid for a room for me in Rosenberg and I drove down there Sunday and did a lot of prep work and was there on Monday feeling prepared. HR told me the VP was not coming in but I was to meet him at a Whataburger near his house. No problem, neutral territory, talk over some pancakes and coffee, and so forth, I thinks to myself.

The guy was maybe 40 and extremely intense in his tone. Asks me about myself. I give him a bit of personal info and some cliff notes of relevant professional experience.

His next question was why do I want to leave my current job. I explained that in general I am happy with it other than I feel limited in my opportunities, and a career with YOUR company falls more in line with my overall career goals.

He informs me that he is gifted and that he thinks about most things at a higher and deeper level than most others. He tells me that opportunity is what I make of it wherever I am at, after all, look at him he made it to VP of engineering with very little trouble at all.

So there must be something else, he says. What you've been saying is all FLUFF. Let's get to the real reason. There is something that is making you look elsewhere, what makes you think you're going to find it here?

I could really care less about your technical abilities, he says. A monkey could be trained to do this job. What I want to get down to is who you are on a personal level. I've heard all the standard replies before...

And by the way, I could care less about the charge on your background, or if you did drugs in the past, he says. What I want to know is why you took so long to take care of it if it was keeping you down? How come it was THIS position, and THIS company that finally put you into action to do something about it?

How did it make you feel when you got the charge corrected to a misdemeanor?
                I said I felt satisfied.... a victory of sorts, but in general that it was as it should be. NOW we're getting down to what's underneath, he says. That's the first real thing you've said all day...

And on and on and on. Never satisfied with an answer and moving on to the next. Always drilling down, always doubting, lowering his eyes, shaking his head in a condescending manner, wondering why everyone couldn't be as insightful and do some deep, out of the box thinking such as his gifted self..

Comment

You should have corrected him on his "could care less" misuse.

Comment

Sounds like a fucking weirdo. I work with a guy kind of like that but he is worth millions of dollars so people put up with his bullshit.

You should have told him the boat story then asked him how fucking real that felt?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      Sounds like a fucking weirdo. I work with a guy kind of like that but he is worth millions of dollars so people put up with his bullshit.

You should have told him the boat story then asked him how fucking real that felt?
                      Yep. He wouldn't talk that way to a superior or someone he didn't have influence on. I'd have fun with it because I would know right then and there that his mind was made up either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                        HR lady warns me before I go that this guy will lead you down into traps, so don't bullshit him, and that she has to reel him in sometimes because he goes off like that on people. Always reminding people that he is a genius, gifted.... words he used with me at least 3 times.

Thinking back he may have appreciated me just saying that this position pays twice what I'm making now, that I have my house rented out to someone so I can hang on to it until I can afford to move back in, and my girl and I are living in a cramped apartment and I want to improve my living situation, put a ring on her finger that she can be proud of, and have a yard for my fucking dog, etc..

And that this job would actually pay me what I am worth and allow me to do all those things as well as sock away some cash for retirement since I spent about 300 grand on heroin for about 4 years and I got my shit together now and am ready to kick ass...

How about that for some real shit, genius? NOW you see what's inside of me, fuckstick?

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
                          HR lady warns me before I go that this guy will lead you down into traps, so don't bullshit him, and that she has to reel him in sometimes because he goes off like that on people. Always reminding people that he is a genius, gifted.... words he used with me at least 3 times.

Thinking back he may have appreciated me just saying that this position pays twice what I'm making now, that I have my house rented out to someone so I can hang on to it until I can afford to move back in, and my girl and I are living in a cramped apartment and I want to improve my living situation, put a ring on her finger that she can be proud of, and have a yard for my fucking dog, etc..

And that this job would actually pay me what I am worth and allow me to do all those things as well as sock away some cash for retirement since I spent about 300 grand on heroin for about 4 years and I got my shit together now and am ready to kick ass...

How about that for some real shit, genius? NOW you see what's inside of me, fuckstick?
                          If he is truly gifted he would come back with the question "Oh thank GOD, you do heroin too!? Tell me where I can score some heroin!"
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                            Yep. He wouldn't talk that way to a superior or someone he didn't have influence on. I'd have fun with it because I would know right then and there that his mind was made up either way.
                            Yeah, I did all the right stuff that we're trained to do in an interview, and by the way, I have gotten damn near every job I have ever interviewed for until this fucking background bullshit.

I even got THIS job, the engineering manager wants me, HR is in my court and even pled with him to take another look at me after I won the dispute and had the background resubmitted, etc.., so I got a few things working for me, but yeah I just about wanted to start being a real out of the box smart ass. Believe me I could match wits with him on a peer level but I actually do want the job, lol.

The recruiter that is working with me told me that he has heard this kind of bizarre style about him from all the other candidates he's sent out there. However, most of them DO get hired in the end.

At this point I almost could care less, I'm kinda worn out about the whole thing.

Comment

Ya, I'm pretty sure his mind was made by the time you met him.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                                Ya, I'm pretty sure his mind was made by the time you met him.
                                Which way?

Comment

Working...
                                X