Agonize with me.... New Job is just within reach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agonize with me.... New Job is just within reach

I have been waiting for the last 2 weeks for a kick ass job to be mine... and it's really close.

I realized within the last couple of months that all the skills across the various jobs I've had throughout my career could be combined and focused into a really kick ass job, and that a position in the gas and oil industry would bring pretty damn good pay.

Skills being electronics, Programmable Logic Controllers, Variable Frequency Drives, all kinds of stuff related to the automation and controls industry. Add to that Field Engineering, Technical Support, Project Management.

I have been on a steady climb back since the events of a few years ago that pretty much put a halt on any success I was headed for, having a charge from 4 years ago on my background, combined with several charges back in the 90s has caused 4 companies to retract an offer that I had in hand.

But I am really, really close on this one... just waiting for the word.

Hope all goes to plan.

Comment

Boat story when asked "tell me a time when you had a situation go bad, and how you successfully turned it around?"

Comment

bad ass!
        The hand that feeds, bleeds.

Comment

Yeah I saw an Electrical Engineering position listed through a recruiter. I applied on line for it, never thinking I had a chance in hell.

Next thing I know, the company wants to interview me down in Houston. Gets me an a hotel room to stay in the night before the interview.

Then I ace the interview with HR and their technical staff.

Then the recruiter calls me back and tells me they are moving forward with an offer.

Then Thursday I get the formal offer. It's the kind of job I am willing to pack up and move to Houston for. Twice the salary I am making now, plus big offshore money, plus a rotating schedule on/off shore.

I went and took a drug test and physical Thursday afternoon. No issues there.

Keep in mind I haven't said anything about background stuff to anyone except the recruiter.

He has a good enough relationship with the client company that he shared my concerns with the HR lady and their doesn't seem to be a concern, so I am just waiting on the official final word.

Comment

Get it, dude!
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
              Get it, dude!
              x2, best of luck to you!

Comment

Having a criminal record can really put a chill on a career.

I've met a good number of people who are good at what they do, but are undesirable in the traditional workplace. In order to make a living, they hang their own shingle and become a consultant/contract worker. As far as a career, you have to make your own.

You might find an employer willing to take a risk on you, but its not common. Its not easy, but that is part of the cost and penalty of having a record.

Comment

Good luck with it!!

Comment

Yeah that's true. When that shit has come up at the very end of the process with the last 4 jobs, 3 of them stopped all contact and would never speak with me again. 1 of them lectured me on the risk he would be taking, and told me he wasn't willing to take that chance.

But you see, I never give up. Ever. We have a big giant powerful God, and if you knew firsthand all of the miracles that have happened in my life over the last year, and really over all of the years that I quit trying to run the show and just trusted and did the next right thing, you'd understand.

It helps that I already have a great job, and that I'm taking care of business all over the U.S., Canada, and Mexico on a regular basis, that I have a current Passport, and meet all of the requirements for a TWIC card, there are a few out there that don't think it's such a huge deal that I had a minor offense 4 years ago.

Even if this thing doesn't work out in the end, I will just keep plugging on. Someone will give me a chance!

Comment

Good luck man

You seen to have a very positive attitude and that's the key for good things to come.

Comment

keep on plugging away!
                        Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Good job man! Persistence and the right attitude are key to getting to a place where you want to be, regardless of the past!
                          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Time heals a lot of things. Keep moving forward. Just because one or twenty said no, doeant mean the next one or the one after that won't say yes. Never give up.
                            Rich

Comment

Working wireline? !

Comment

Working...
                              X