Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is Great Wolf Lodge/Waterpark in Grapvine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is Great Wolf Lodge/Waterpark in Grapvine?

My wife is wanting to bring the kids up there for their birthday in mid November. Cost is around $300 a night for my family of 5. Ages are 10F, 10M, 14F for my kids.
    Wondering if it's worth it to drive up there to that place. We have Schlitterbahn in Galveston which is also an indoor waterpark, but its a bit on the high price side IMO to just drive down there for a day vs making a trip of it.
    Great Wolf being a lodge I assume means we can let the kids run off to the waterpark and we can have a little alone time LOL.

What are ya'll's thoughts?
    Carl S.
    2014 Ruby Red Premium GT A6, stock for now
    80 Coupe, Stroked 9.2" Windsor, Yates C3, Dominator, glide, 9.60s n/a, 1.27 sixty 5.48@127.8 nitrous on radials.
    9.32@128 pedaling it half track
    sigpic

In my experience it seems to be better for kids 6-10. Water is pretty shallow everywhere and there are only 3 or 4 big slides. Pretty sure kids are supposed to have a parent with them in the waterpark, not 100% sure though.

Comment

We went last year and it was pretty fun. Kids had a blast. They do have a bar area in the waterpark portion as well.

Comment

My co-worker brought it up about a week ago. He said it's fun, but be prepared to be nickled and dimed for everything.

Comment

My wife and I took our kids a couple years ago for a Xmas present. And loved it. They could go roam the waterpark or the halls playing some Harry potter like game. But the place can nickel and dime you. We went down the street to eat.

Comment

My wife and I went two years ago and had a great time. We took our two boys and my nephew. It's not cheap so expect to spend some cash.

I have to admit I had to be the asshole that shut down the wave pool. We took my nephew and he was 7 at the time. I had just taken him to the bathroom and we went back to swimming. About 20 minutes later the wave pool was being shut down so I asked why. One of the employees told me in a polite way somebody shit in the pool. At the time I was thinking to myself what kind of asshole doesn't watch his kids and make sure they don't do that. About 30 minutes later we decided to leave so I was helping the kids get changed and saw something in my nephews swim suit but didn't think to much about it till we got in the car. Then it hit me like a sack of bricks, I told my wife about it so she asked him. He told her he had to poop after I took him to the bathroom but he didn't want to stop swimming, so he shit in the pool. I couldn't help to laugh because I was the asshole that had the kid that shit in the pool. I guess the moral to the story is don't let your kids shit in the pool.

Comment

Did it a couple of years ago for xmas and kids had a great time.

As long as your kids can behave you guys should be fine sitting off to the side and hitting the bar.

For the $$ you can pack food and bring a flask or bottle on the DL.
              WRX

Comment

Originally posted by blownaltered View Post
                Poop.
                Wait... your 7yo kid shit in the pool? WTF?

Comment

Don't see the big deal, i shit in every pool i get in
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                    Don't see the big deal, i shit in every pool i get in
                    I knew there was a reason that for the last 5+ years we've never met when we were at the same gatherings.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Is it worth the extra hundred for the cave or tent/cabin rooms? Thinking of taking the kids tomorrow night

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                        Wait... your 7yo kid shit in the pool? WTF?
                        No my 7 year old nephew shit in the pool, my kids shit in the toilet like they are supposed to.

Comment

Btw, I took my kid and his cousin to Great Wolf Lodge. Got the room with the fort and all that shit. It was expensive, around $350 for a night with all the water park stuff included. Honestly you can have a lot more fun for the money by doing a day at Six Flags but if you are traveling to get to the area the Great Wolf Lodge probably makes sense.
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                            Is it worth the extra hundred for the cave or tent/cabin rooms? Thinking of taking the kids tomorrow night
                            Those specialty rooms are cool but not worth it IMO. The majority of your time is spent in the water park and really not in the room much.

They have a game where the kids get to pick out these magic wands and run up and down the 6 floors of the hotel waiving their wands at various pictures and things. If you are going to get that package for your kids, get it when you book it online ($100 for 2 kids) otherwise its more like $70 each at the lodge.

There's plenty of booze there for the parents or you can bring your own to your room and make a drink and walk back down. There's 3 or 4 bars in the whole place.

One last thing, promo code life450a will give you a nice discount. It's for lifetime fitness members, but they have never asked me for any proof or my lifetime membership card on the 4 times I've been.

Comment

Originally posted by blownaltered View Post
                              My wife and I went two years ago and had a great time. We took our two boys and my nephew. It's not cheap so expect to spend some cash.

I have to admit I had to be the asshole that shut down the wave pool. We took my nephew and he was 7 at the time. I had just taken him to the bathroom and we went back to swimming. About 20 minutes later the wave pool was being shut down so I asked why. One of the employees told me in a polite way somebody shit in the pool. At the time I was thinking to myself what kind of asshole doesn't watch his kids and make sure they don't do that. About 30 minutes later we decided to leave so I was helping the kids get changed and saw something in my nephews swim suit but didn't think to much about it till we got in the car. Then it hit me like a sack of bricks, I told my wife about it so she asked him. He told her he had to poop after I took him to the bathroom but he didn't want to stop swimming, so he shit in the pool. I couldn't help to laugh because I was the asshole that had the kid that shit in the pool. I guess the moral to the story is don't let your kids shit in the pool.
                              Asshole.

Comment

Working...
                              X