2006 Duramax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Duramax

Don't know much on these trucks but might have a opportunity to purchase a 1 owner 2006 Chevy Duramax Crew Cab 4x4 with about 130K miles for about $13500. Truck is clean and well taken care off. All stock too. Seems to be a good price from what I've seen online. Any pros/cons on these trucks?

That's what I have. I love it. Only con is the ride is pretty rough. Plenty of damn power though. I run a 90 HP tune and it gets it done.
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

What kind of gas mileage are you getting with the tune?

Comment

Depending on the condition, that sounds like a great price.

The only con would be the rough (er) ride. With a Tune/programmer those things will SCOOT

Comment

2006 is one of the best years of dmax that we have run for work. As long as it hasn't been used for constant hauling it should be good till 200k without any major issues. On our loaded down trucks (weighing 11k every day and hauling an additional 8k several times a week) we usually lose the injection pump around 160k, but our pickups without a utility bed go well past 200k. Keep an eye on the transfer case, we have burned up 3 due to a pin hole in a seal and they never dripped when parked.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike69 View Post
            What kind of gas mileage are you getting with the tune?
            18-19mpg. '06 is the good motor, too. The LBZ.
            Mileage went up with the tune. Tuner goes to 135 but from what I read the tranny wont last with anything passed 90.
            I'm at about 175k miles and haven't had to replace a single part except for shocks.

Originally posted by HECDOGGIE View Post
            Depending on the condition, that sounds like a great price.

The only con would be the rough (er) ride. With a Tune/programmer those things will SCOOT
            Good post...
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

If you plan to tow much upgrade the radiator. That's about it that I know if with the 06
              07 f250-family truckster
              08 Denali -baby hauler
              52 f1-rust bucket
              05 Jeep tj. Buggy
              livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Don't plan on towing too much. Maybe once every couple of months or so but it would be nice to have compared to my 2001 F150 4x4 (Gas) which does not do well towing.

Comment

I forgot one thing. The heater rarely functions. In January I was driving to Denton from Burleson and the heater would take about 50 miles to blowthe slightest amount if heat.
                  DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                    I forgot one thing. The heater rarely functions. In January I was driving to Denton from Burleson and the heater would take about 50 miles to blowthe slightest amount if heat.
                    I had an 04 2500 gasser, but the heater worked great. Seems pretty obvious, but are you sure the PO didn't bypass the heater core due to a leak?
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      I had an 04 2500 gasser, but the heater worked great. Seems pretty obvious, but are you sure the PO didn't bypass the heater core due to a leak?
                      My 6.0ps is the same way. I think it's just a diesel thing
                      07 f250-family truckster
                      08 Denali -baby hauler
                      52 f1-rust bucket
                      05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

Heater core is fine. The temp gauge barely moves in the winter. So much so I've considered changing the thermostat to heat it up. Diesels just run cool
                        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                          Heater core is fine. The temp gauge barely moves in the winter. So much so I've considered changing the thermostat to heat it up. Diesels just run cool
                          ive just been thinking an electric one for the cigarette lighter lol
                          07 f250-family truckster
                          08 Denali -baby hauler
                          52 f1-rust bucket
                          05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

Ive got a MINT one owner 04 2500 cummins with 160k leather 4x4 crew cab for 17k

Comment

I have a tuner on the shelf for this truck. We just have efi live so I don't need it. My truck has about the same miles. I get around 21 driving and about 14-15 pulling the enclosed.
                              903-870-8109

Thank you:
                              2JM Diesel & Fabrication - for the chassis and tuning
                              Freak Show Performance - for the great transmission
                              Jimmy Patton for the pit help
                              Chris Fowler for the motor work
                              TRZ Motorsports - thanks Mike
                              NRC Motorsports - thanks Bob
                              Team Z Motorsports - thanks Dave
                              Forced Inductions - thanks Jose
                              Work Turbochargers - thanks Reed

Comment

Working...
                              X