Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camcorder recommendations

Hi fellas,

I'm heading back to Japan next month and I'm going to buy a new camcorder to take with me while I'm there.

I'm looking at small portable camcorders similar to this Sanyo:

My price range is $200 max. The camera doesn't have to be high def since most of the videos will be for youtube but I would like it to have some sort of image stabilization and decent low light performance (indoor lighting).

So what say you guys and gals?

I have a ony handycam that I really like

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
      Hi fellas,

I'm heading back to Japan next month and I'm going to buy a new camcorder to take with me while I'm there.

I'm looking at small portable camcorders similar to this Sanyo:

My price range is $200 max. The camera doesn't have to be high def since most of the videos will be for youtube but I would like it to have some sort of image stabilization and decent low light performance (indoor lighting).

So what say you guys and gals?
      What camera do "ya" use now? :wink1:
      Last edited by MILK; 02-04-2011, 11:39 AM.

Comment

the hand held "flip" type are hard to keep steady - there will be more jumping around. I have a Sony Bloggie and the picture quality is pretty good, if I'm not walking around while filming. I have several other cam corders - and the best video quality (not HD) is still an old Panasonic VHS-C from about 13 years ago.

Comment

I have a Sony Webbie that I like. The only thing I don't like is there isn't any "steady shot" feature. Mine is a MHS-CM1. My Dad has a MHS-PM1 which is more like a Flip cam. Same guts, just different design.

It records in 1080p, but youtube didn't upload it in 1080 for some reason
          Here is a video done with mine:

Comment

Working...
          X