Yalls Thought on a 04-07 CTS-V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yalls Thought on a 04-07 CTS-V

Thinking about picking one of these up. Preferably 06 to 07. Problem is i don't see any dealerships really selling these. The new ones are outta the question. Too rich for my blood.
    GOPR0198 by larrychance88

I remember reading a lot about the rear diff being junk IIRC

Comment

Meh

Comment

Originally posted by Back N Black View Post
        I remember reading a lot about the rear diff being junk IIRC
        I think that's primarily for track type use. I think they're fine on the street. They look kinda mundane, but I've always been a fan. I'd roll one.

Comment

Do it, saw a silver CTSV camming at the grocery store this week and it made me reconsider sell my GM cars.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
            I think that's primarily for track type use. I think they're fine on the street. They look kinda mundane, but I've always been a fan. I'd roll one.
            Wheel hop is what kills them. Shitty tires or wet roads can induce hop which could bust an axle, especially if you drive like an idiot and always have your foot in it.

I drove one a few years back and was underwhelmed. The interior is pretty plain as well. Most of them I looked at, all the shit was worn off the buttons on the interior. These weren't clapped out high mileage cars either.

Comment

I like the looks of them, but the price to performance ratio isn't there. If they were in the sub 10K range, I might consider one, but not at the 15-19K that people normally want.
              Even though they are slower and autos, I would rather have a Marauder or Impala SS.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                Car & Driver had a long term test car that went through two rear ends.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I Like the Hennessey vr1200

Last edited by soap; 10-16-2014, 01:09 AM.
                  sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                  🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Me like 09up versions cause of the supercharge version

Comment

The 2009+ are just a better built car all around. I've been wanting one since they've been out. I almost talked myself into a nicely modded 2005 just to get into one cheaper , but the old, wiser guy in me quickly struck that down thankfully.

They've been holding their prices better than expected, unfortunately.

Comment

I had a 2005 for a couple years and it was one of the most fun cars to drive I've had. Mine had the 06-07 diff which is stronger than the 04-05 diff. They're a BLAST on a road course. Nothing like passing corvettes in your four door caddy. Long tubes REALLY REALLY wake them up.

Some pics from a track day at motorsport ranch

Notice that red corvette is now behind me...
                        Last edited by DoesSpeedTurnUon; 10-16-2014, 08:45 AM.
                        I build websites. PM me.

Comment

Oh, and they DO great burnouts...

These marks could be seen from Google Maps at my buddy's lake house. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

I build websites. PM me.

Comment

We had one a couple of years ago and loved it. We did cam/heads/exhaust and it was a pretty powerful ride. it still rode like a caddy too. It was very solid and fun, probably one of the best/most fun cars we've ever had. sold it when we had the baby but still miss it. Plan on getting a gen2 some day when I can afford one

Comment

I almost pulled the trigger on two different 2012's, but they both had paint/interior issues that I couldn't get over for the price. I don't know if there is just a problem with GM factory paint, or the owners didn't do anything to take care of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X