Anyone here have a Lexus GS or LS model? 2007+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here have a Lexus GS or LS model? 2007+

I'm looking to buy the wife a new sedan, and I'm trying to decide between the GS or LS models. Does anyone here own one? Have anything to share, or any suggestions? 2006+ GS300-450 or 2007+ LS460.
    Last edited by CJ; 10-15-2014, 08:38 PM.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

I've got a GS 350, and can't say enough about it. Handling is phenomenal, maintenance is non existent, and the gas mileage is great. Every creature comfort you could ask for, but make sure you end up with the 08+ levinson so that you have an ipod interface. I'd rock an LS if she carries folks around in the back seat quite often. Personally, it's usually just me in the car so I opted for the GS vs the LS.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordblue625 View Post
      I've got a GS 350, and can't say enough about it. Handling is phenomenal, maintenance is non existent, and the gas mileage is great. Every creature comfort you could ask for, but make sure you end up with the 08+ levinson so that you have an ipod interface. I'd rock an LS if she carries folks around in the back seat quite often. Personally, it's usually just me in the car so I opted for the GS vs the LS.
      Thanks for the suggestion. I will look into it. Do you have navigation as well? How is the power?
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

If you go with the GS look for a 350. The 300 cars have a recall for carbon buildup that you dont want to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
          If you go with the GS look for a 350. The 300 cars have a recall for carbon buildup that you dont want to deal with.
          Well, that's good to know. Carbon buildup in the vacuum system, exhaust?

Comment

Intake manifold and valves which eventually hurts the piston rings.

Comment

okay, so GS350 or bust. Also looking at the GS460h, nice economy and apparently it hauls ass in the 13's.

Comment

Navigation does its job, not the prettiest unit but functional. Power makes for a fun little driver, but the traction control is obnoxious. Power band could be a little smoother, but it moves when it needs to.

Comment

Now who's the real dookie, meanin' who's really the shit?
                  Them niggaz ride dicks, Frank White push the sticks
                  On the Lexus, LX, four and a half
                  Bulletproof glass tints if I want some ass

Gon' blast squeeze first ask, questions last
                  That's how most of these so-called gangsters pass
                  At last, a nigga rappin' 'bout blunts and broads
                  Tits and bras, menage-a-trois, sex in expensive cars

I still leave you on the pavement
                  Condo paid for, no car payment
                  At my arraignment, note for the plaintiff
                  Your daughter's tied up in a Brooklyn basement
                  Face it, not guilty, that's how I stay filthy
                  Richer than Richie, till you niggaz come and get me

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                    Now who's the real dookie, meanin' who's really the shit?
                    Them niggaz ride dicks, Frank White push the sticks
                    On the Lexus, LX, four and a half
                    Bulletproof glass tints if I want some ass

Gon' blast squeeze first ask, questions last
                    That's how most of these so-called gangsters pass
                    At last, a nigga rappin' 'bout blunts and broads
                    Tits and bras, menage-a-trois, sex in expensive cars

I still leave you on the pavement
                    Condo paid for, no car payment
                    At my arraignment, note for the plaintiff
                    Your daughter's tied up in a Brooklyn basement
                    Face it, not guilty, that's how I stay filthy
                    Richer than Richie, till you niggaz come and get me

god bless.
                    monica.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

The wife has an 07 ES which is the lowest model I think...never had any problems with it...but tranny at times shifts funny...
                      Originally posted by Da Prez
                      Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                      Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

I've got an excellent 2006 GS3 with 72K miles that my Mom's been driving. Getting ready to trade it off for something new.

Purchased new at Park Place in Grapevine, GS4 wheels and tire pkg. Black interior, it's been a great car.

mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
                          I've got an excellent GS3 with 72K miles that my Mom's been driving. Getting ready to trade it off for something new.

Purchased new at Park Place in Grapevine, GS4 wheels and tire pkg. Black interior, it's been a great car.

mardyn
                          Hmm, GS300? About what I'm looking for, but trying to get under 50k. I might be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                            Hmm, GS300? About what I'm looking for, but trying to get under 50k. I might be interested.
                            Generally Texans average 15k miles a year, so you are more than likely going to be looking at a 11 or newer to be under 50k. Not that lower mile cars arent out there, but you'll need to pay for it. Mardyn's example is considered low miles at roughly 10k/yr.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                              OK, he'll sell it to you for $49K!

Comment

Working...
                              X