Extended Maternity Leave Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extended Maternity Leave Question.

Sorry, posted this in the wrong forum the first time.

My 2nd son was born on June 30th. At my wife's job they switched insurance companies on July 1st. Wife had a Cesarean Section delivery. At a check up, the doctor extended her leave, due to the incision not healing and being infected. Plus the pain being caused by the incision was affecting her sleep as well. Doctor believed all this would keep her from performing her job and being able to drive back and forth.

On the final check for the extended maternity leave, it goes through a judgement period and is denied. The insurance company took their sweet time making the decision. At some points before the decision, they kept saying the doctors office never faxed the paperwork to them. Which was faxed multiple times a day over a 10 day period. They said the reasons weren't good enough. And they believe the pain was a manageable. They tell my wife she can appeal the decision. Been over 2 weeks now and we have not received the paperwork for the appeal process. They are not returning phone calls promptly. This whole process has been stressful. Bad enough the check is only 65% of a normal check. But now we are out of that pay period money as well.

We believe they made the decision because the they're no longer used for medical insurance by her company anymore. What if the appeal period is 30 days, and they are taking their time returning phone calls and mailing paperwork. My wife doesn't know how long the appeal process last, and can't get the case worker to return a call to verify. Is there anything we can do? This situation just screams b.s. to us. I hope i've given you guys enough and clear information about this. It's my wife's birthday and probably won't be able to check this today.

Call the Texas AG's office. They can't run you around like that.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
      Call the Texas AG's office. They can't run you around like that.
      X2 it's amazing how fast things can get straightened out when the AG office gets involved.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Working...
      X