No announcement yet.

Lightning versus new F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see 8.5-9.1 depending on temps and traction on a mostly stock 2nd Gen Lightning.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
      What's a stock 99 run? I'm seeing mid 13's in the 1/4 on google.
      99-00 - 14.0

01-04 - 13.8

This is what I remember way back in the day in the mags.

Comment

Originally posted by Diabolic View Post
        I see 8.5-9.1 depending on temps and traction on a mostly stock 2nd Gen Lightning.
        1/8 maybe, not a 1/4 mile run. Unless by mostly stock, you mean a blower upgrade or NOS!

Comment

Stock mine went 8.8 on the 8th. 8.2 with pulley/exhaust and tune on street tires. Never had a chance to get some stick tires on it...60ft was always bad
          Originally posted by Da Prez
          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Diabolic View Post
            And I wasn't suggesting he push 20 pounds. If he's considering a 2004 then warranty isn't a deciding factor. Gen 1st are becoming more valuable and can handle 14#'s stock, run high 12's, get better mileage than a 2nd gen and the engine is far more durable. A Gen 1 with an exhaust and a well setup S-Trim will blow away a new Tremor, Ecoboost, or 5.0 F150. Just offering another option.
            all that in a cab designed in the late 70's!
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
              Roofing nails from 1974 maybe.
              Happen to have one. Stock best eigth was a 8.5. Best qtr was a 8.7/13.7... wish i knew what that 8.5 pass at denton woulda been!

It runs 8.9-9.0 in the heat with a 13.9-14.1 qtr. Not a god damn thing done to it. Even stock GY tires. Im down to race some stock trucks for research of course... has 72 k miles, faded roof and hail damage. lmao

Best dyno was 339/476 rw... think the tq was a spike but the truck tried to rip the straps off on the hit lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                all that in a cab designed in the late 70's!
                Works great! 1.9 60' 7.56@95mph on regular non drag radial street tires. Full frame handles it quite well.

Comment

Working...
                X