Lightning versus new F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightning versus new F150

Just curious as I was at the fair I saw where the new Ford F150 5.0 liter showed to have 385 horsepower and I believe 387 torque. I believe the 2004 lightning was supercharged 5.4 liter with 360 horsepower and I think 380 on torque. How would you think the two would stack up with each other? The lightning was a badass piece stock, would the new F150 with aluminum body be just as badass or faster?

DON

Just realized I got my torque numbers backwards, SORRY fixed

Just read that the 2004 lightning has 450 torque so not real sure on the number.
    Last edited by DC COBRA; 10-14-2014, 07:12 AM.

Nothing beats the whine of the blower... interesting comparison though.

Comment

I can honestly say I am beyond satisfied with the power in my 14 CC 2wd F150. This platform with the Coyote is one of the best 1/2 tons I have driven. Now with that being said, I cannot wait to get a 15 lol. Driving my old Super Duty feels archaic compared to this F150. The only thing keeping it around is I still love the looks and ability to tow.

Comment

Don, having owned a Lightning with some minor mods I can tell you that no way in hell in a 5.0 F-150 can keep up with a 'L. My mods were around $2000.00 and I made 420hp and 510tq to the wheels, I'm sure you can get the same mods a little cheaper today and run 12's, that 5.0 ain't going to do that, you will have to spend around 10k worth of mods and that includes a blower on the 5.0. Not saying it can't be done, but if you threw the same amount at that 'L it makes closer to 600/600.
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          Don, having owned a Lightning with some minor mods I can tell you that no way in hell in a 5.0 F-150 can keep up with a 'L. My mods were around $2000.00 and I made 420hp and 510tq to the wheels, I'm sure you can get the same mods a little cheaper today and run 12's, that 5.0 ain't going to do that, you will have to spend around 10k worth of mods and that includes a blower on the 5.0. Not saying it can't be done, but if you threw the same amount at that 'L it makes closer to 600/600.

Seen a Few new f150s on some bottle running bottom 8s at redline and if you put an aftermarket blower on a new f150 it would destroy a lightning with 420 rwhp.

Comment

I raced a few lightnings at the drag strip with my '11 ecoboost and if they were stock or close to stock, it was based off the launch. Very close race.
            2014 Ford F250 4X4 *DD*
            1992 Ford Mustang GT

Previous Vehicles:
            1989 Ford Mustang 4 cyl. Turbo coupe
            1986 Ford Mustang GT T-Top
            2011 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
            2011 Ford Mustang V6
            2011 Ford Mustang GT
            2013 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
            2012 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by DC COBRA View Post
              Just curious as I was at the fair I saw where the new Ford F150 5.0 liter showed to have 385 horsepower and I believe 365 torque. I believe the 2004 lightning was supercharged 5.4 liter with 360 horsepower and I think 387 on torque. How would you think the two would stack up with each other? The lightning was a badass piece stock, would the new F150 with aluminum body be just as badass or faster?

DON
              What's the weight difference between the two?

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                The 2015 should be lighter. I would love a new 5.0 with a twin-screw blower.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

i have ran into a few lightnings in my 2014 Tremor 2wd. it only has 2900 miles on it, and i would assume a 2004ish Lightning to have more miles, but i have yet to 'lose' to one. If anyone has one fairly stock i would love a chance to see what they an do. maybe at a track so we can keep it safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                    i have ran into a few lightnings in my 2014 Tremor 2wd. it only has 2900 miles on it, and i would assume a 2004ish Lightning to have more miles, but i have yet to 'lose' to one. If anyone has one fairly stock i would love a chance to see what they an do. maybe at a track so we can keep it safe.
                    Seriously, scratch your cleft pallet with a shotgun.

Comment

i Wil try that, are there any shops that specialize in the ford trucks, or are most places in Texas based around the mustang? I hope with the new mustangs that more performance based car shops will start to tune/upgrade the ecoboost 3.5 or 2.3 turbo motores

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                        i Wil try that, are there any shops that specialize in the ford trucks, or are most places in Texas based around the mustang? I hope with the new mustangs that more performance based car shops will start to tune/upgrade the ecoboost 3.5 or 2.3 turbo motores
                        Damn. The spam-bot computers are getting good. Fucking IBM, man.
                        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                        dont downshift!!
                        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                          Rick I understand the capabilities of a few mods to a lightning, I was wanting to get an idea of the stock to stock truck, motors being comparatively close on numbers. Although one truck set up for performance and the other being lighter weight with 11 year newer technology of ride and handling. Like someone said this would be interesting.
                          DON

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                            Just read where the lightning is 4670 and the new F150 is 4080.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                              Damn. The spam-bot computers are getting good. Fucking IBM, man.
                              Can we give that motherfucker the boot already or something?

Comment

Working...
                              X