Traffic ticket question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic ticket question

I was allowed to take defensive driving to dismiss a traffic ticket (I know, stop breaking the law asshole.)
    Since the judgement is deferred for 90 days, does that mean it will not appear appear on my driving record yet? Applying for a new job and wondering if it will show up, or is it already there pending my completion of defensive driving?
    Thanks in advance,

Rob

just to be safe I'd still disclose it.... case in point... We just hired a guy on Monday, that got a dwi 8 days ago, didnt disclose it after the fact, we caught it in the background and told him on his second day of work he was terminated. (well, HR did) Sucks because it was a 6 figure gig too

Comment

Ouch,

Haven't been offered the job, but think I will get it. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by rob View Post
        I was allowed to take defensive driving to dismiss a traffic ticket (I know, stop breaking the law asshole.)
        Since the judgement is deferred for 90 days, does that mean it will not appear appear on my driving record yet? Applying for a new job and wondering if it will show up, or is it already there pending my completion of defensive driving?
        Thanks in advance,Rob
        Deferred means nothing is reported to the state unless you screw up again. I don't understand why you did defensive driving and deferred it is usually one or the other. The drivers safety course will show up on your DL return and most people understand why you randomly took a DS course.

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
        just to be safe I'd still disclose it.... case in point... We just hired a guy on Monday, that got a dwi 8 days ago, didnt disclose it after the fact, we caught it in the background and told him on his second day of work he was terminated. (well, HR did) Sucks because it was a 6 figure gig too

The minute you are fingerprinted it will show on your record in a B or above case. Now if you have a warrant issued for you for ten years it still will not show up until you are actually arrested.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

The paperwork from the court states the charge is deferred for 90 days and will be dismissed if defensive driving is completed. Just wondering if it shows up as a violation on my mvr now.

Comment

It will not show on your driving record.
            2006 Civic SI
            2009 Pilot
            1988 GT
            CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

So, you guys hiring?
              Originally posted by talisman
              I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
              Originally posted by AdamLX
              If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              Because fuck you, that's why
              Originally posted by 80coupe
              nice dick, Idrivea4banger
              Originally posted by Rick Modena
              ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Deferred doesn't mean it's gone.

Comment

While not a six figure deal, I have seen guys get the axe after years when something from out of state pops up on an annual driving record check. Not near as common since the cdl but I wouldn't not report what you know.
                  Rich

Comment

if they ask "have you been cited for a moving violation within yadda yadda", say yes, but it is not on my record

if they ask, "have you been convicted of a moving violation within..." say no
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                      Deferred doesn't mean it's gone.
                      My most recent ticket that I deferred, does not show on my MVR.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Great way to start out a new job, not being honest... It's a freakin ticket. Just tell them you got one and it's about to be or will be dismissed. Its just a ticket, not like you have a felony pending... They think you lie on something this small, they're gonna wonder what else you are lying about.
                        I hire and supervise a bunch of people. You can screw some shit up and all is cool (as long as you don't do stupid shit on purpose). HOWEVER, if I ever catch one in a lie (no matter how small) adios bitch. You're gone, period.
                        Last edited by dcs13; 10-10-2014, 04:25 PM. Reason: added

Comment

Working...
                        X