peta wants roadside Memorial for dead chickens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peta wants roadside Memorial for dead chickens

BRYAN (October 9, 2014) The animal rights group the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants to erect a 10-foot high roadside memorial at the site where an 18-wheeler loaded with chickens overturned last month in Bryan.

PETA is requesting permission from the Texas Department of Transportation to place the memorial at the intersection of Highway 21 and FM 2818, the Houston Chronicle reported.

On Sept. 30, a Sanderson Farms truck hauling about 5,500 chickens overturned there when the load shifted.

Some of the birds were killed.

I like it! Will make a great photo opportunity!

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
      I like it! Will make a great photo opportunity!
      Kinda like those buried Cadillacs up by Lubbock.
      Rich

Comment

I absolutely hate roadside memorials.

Comment

Dont all chickens already have memorials? KFC/Popeyes/Chicken Express. We celebrate their lives by eating their flesh and consuming their souls to honor them.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
            I absolutely hate roadside memorials.
            I do like roadside historical markers, sometimes I'll stop at each one I see, some cool history on some

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
              Dont all chickens already have memorials? KFC/Popeyes/Chicken Express. We celebrate their lives by eating their flesh and consuming their souls to honor them.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                I do like roadside historical markers, sometimes I'll stop at each one I see, some cool history on some
                Yeah, I mean the crosses with roses and shit. It's just a form of littering.

Comment

Yea I know what you meant, just drunk posting random thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
                    The souls taste like chicken.

Seriously, I hope it's a giant, noble-looking chicken with a monocle and a cane and a British accent.

Comment

no joke...one of these days I'm going to snap and mow them down with my truck. I've seem some of them made of 4x4's.

Comment

Working...
                      X