Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any machinists on the board?

Looking for someone who can modify these:

They are wheels for my 1/12 Camaro. What I am looking for is the outside diameter turned down, and the thin rings to be cut in half. If you think you are up to the task, shoot me a PM
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Where you located? I'm in midlothian and can tackle that job easy

Comment

I am in Greenville, though I am not afraid send them out. I understand I am in the boondocks! I would send them, and one of the wheel centers and can call to discuss what I am looking for once i get them back, or even if they can be done a bit better/slightly modified to appear more realistic! Check out my 1/12th Camaro thread for more context. It should be near the top of the picture forum

Comment

That is my center in one of the wheels. My biggest issue is the transition from the wheel center to the lip. It doesn't look realistic for a ~20" wheel. The other problem is that the OD is different on on both fronts and the fronts and rears. They should all have the same OD. Turning them down will eliminate some of the stepping and get them looking more realistic.

The narrow rings should emulate where the edges of the outer rings for a 3 piece wheel come together. Basically, if I could blow these up to be 1:1 I want them to not look fake

Comment

No, no one here is that thin.

Comment

Those super thin rings that are on the table are going to be hard to cut down any further. How thick are they? I would have to space them out on the chuck or run them on an OD style collet. Is this all aluminum?

Comment

I haven't measured them. Yes, all aluminum. Not sure what kind of stock though

Comment

Does not matter to me on the grade. It's all soft compared to what I am used to dealing with.

Comment

My dad could do that, and he's in Sherman.

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
                    My dad could do that, and he's in Sherman.
                    Thats closer, and I may be in that area on Saturday

Comment

You need a makerbot russel. The small 3d printers are getting cheap. It would be awesome for your model making.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                        You need a makerbot russel. The small 3d printers are getting cheap. It would be awesome for your model making.
                        Yeah, I have looked into it. The limitation right now, especially for the affordable units is the clarity. On such small pieces, especially where detail is of great importance, a hobby lathe and mill would serve me better. For now, I am content uploading my solidworks files to shapeways and ordering them.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                          Looking for someone who can modify these:

They are wheels for my 1/12 Camaro. What I am looking for is the outside diameter turned down, and the thin rings to be cut in half. If you think you are up to the task, shoot me a PM
                          turned down for what?

Comment

Originally posted by jasone View Post
                            turned down for what?

please dont send me any more pics of your balls.

Comment

Originally posted by jasone View Post
                              turned down for what?
                              The sleeves are too thick. That, and it will remove one of "steps" in the face and make it look a bit more realistic. The main thing is the overall OD. With the size of the centers, it just makes the wheels too big

Comment

Working...
                              X