What's my best option? Traffic ticket related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's my best option? Traffic ticket related

Long story short, needed a car to get to work today due to my wife using my truck to get to a Dr. appointment (her's is down while I wait for parts). I borrowed my brother's truck and got pulled over for expired registration.

He's not going to get it registered any time soon after I called him about what happend, so getting it updated and dismissed I guess isn't going to happen.

Do I hire a traffic attorney or just pay the fine? Again, the vehicle isn't mine nor registered to me. I was borrowing it for the day. And this is my first traffic violation EVER in my life so I'm pretty pissed that it wasn't something I did wrong lol.

You drove it with expired registration, so you did do wrong. Did you offer the cop a bj or at least a handy?

Comment

Just pay it or plead your case to a judge

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
        Just pay it or plead your case to a judge
        Any way to find out what it costs?

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
          You drove it with expired registration, so you did do wrong. Did you offer the cop a bj or at least a handy?
          I can't register a car that isn't mine, nothing I could do about it. Not like I was joy riding in it, I needed to get to work and just needed it for one day. But thanks for your input.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
            I can't register a car that isn't mine, nothing I could do about it. Not like I was joy riding in it, I needed to get to work and just needed it for one day. But thanks for your input.
            Tell that to the judge, but make sure to pull out your phone and record his reaction.

Suck it up and pay the ticket.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

The onus is on you, regardless of circumstances. Getting the truck registered + dismal fee will be cheaper than the citation.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                  The anus is on you, regardless of circumstances. Getting the truck registered + dismal fee will be cheaper than the citation.
                  FTFY

/The Ticket

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    Suck it up and pay the ticket.
                    That's what I'll do. Lesson learned, check the windshield and if its expired WALK AWAY (which I didnt).

Anyway I can find out how much I'm in for? Is it a points violation?

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                      The onus is on you, regardless of circumstances. Getting the truck registered + dismal fee will be cheaper than the citation.
                      Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                      FTFY

/The Ticket
                      The anus?...I dont think so...

Comment

You actually can renew the registration on the truck even though it's not in your name; I did the exact thing a few months ago. Just give them the license plate number and owners information and all should pull up in the system... This is assuming it's not an out of state registration that needs to be transferred to Texas

Comment

That's what I'll do. Lesson learned, check the windshield and if its expired WALK AWAY (which I didnt).

Anyway I can find out how much I'm in for? Is it a points violation?
                          Shouldn't cost you any points as it wasn't for FMFR, or a moving violation. Call the city that ticketed you. They should be able to tell you a cost. Probably $200 or less.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                            FTFY

/The Ticket
                            Did you hear that chick that sent in audio from a night out at the bar? She dropped the anus on some leg humper like 50 times in a matter of a few minutes. It was pretty funny.

Comment

You also don't have to drive a car with expired registration. You should've known.

Comment

Working...
                              X