Rev Jesse Jackson, here for Ebola!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rev Jesse Jackson, here for Ebola!

Guess his spotlight from Ferguson must have burned out....

DALLAS -- While Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan remains in critical condition, Civil Rights Activist Rev. Jesse Jackson says he's on his way to Texas to address the virus scare and "seek the best humanitarian relief."

Quote from Twitter:

Rev Jesse Jackson Sr @RevJJackson
    Follow
    Upon request of family of #ThomasEricDuncan, going to #Dallas to bring comfort& to seek best humanitarian relief America has to offer. #Tues

Duncan is at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, where he has been receiving an experimental drug since Saturday. So far, none of the 48 people Duncan had contact with are showing symptoms.

MORE: Stories about Ebola

The Texas Senate Committee on Health and Human Services will hold an informational hearing Tuesday to discuss Ebola. There are new concerns after Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins helped move Duncan's fiance and her children to an undisclosed location over the weekend without wearing protective gear.

A letter from the Dallas School District now has parents questioning whether to send their kids to class. The letter, from "Nurses Corner," provides an update on the Ebola watch. It also mentions how Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins has been in close contact with the family Duncan stayed with when he got sick.

Some parents worry Jenkins is putting himself at risk of getting Ebola, and that could have a domino effect since his own daughter goes to school in Highland Park.

Jenkins addressed the concerns with News 8 Monday night.

"I wanted them to be treated as people and I wanted them to be treated as I would want my own family to be treated, and it would send a strange message to them and the public if I dressed up in a spacesuit when there is absolutely zero chance of an infection from being around an asymptomatic person," Jenkins said.

WATCH: Jenkins responds to Ebola concerns

Not everyone is willing to take that gamble though. News 8 spoke with one mother last night who says she's keeping her child home from school. She says dozens more have made the same decision.

Comment

how is he going to turn Ebola into a racebaiting situation?

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post

god bless.
        Its Jesse Jackson.... he'll find a way

Comment

Originally posted by fitzwell View Post
          Its Jesse Jackson.... he'll find a way
          100% agreed.

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

god bless.
            Farrahkan already beat him to the punch. He's late to the party.

Comment

god bless.
              It pretty much just kills colored folk. He will probably get the really liberal whites to feel racist about not getting infected too so the they will all go and try to spend some time with an ebola patient to give the disease a chance to infect them and prove it isn't racist.

Or

He will slam the hospital for giving the white doctors better care than the black mane because racism. The black guy was doing pretty bad last I heard, the white doctors survived, so the health care system is obviously racist.
              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Maybe he will get it through his head we don't want him here like JFK?

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                  Maybe he will get it through his head we don't want him here like JFK?
                  "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

We for sure do not need any more assassinations in Texas. It took us decades to shake the shadow from the JFK assassination.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                      We for sure do not need any more assassinations in Texas. It took us decades to shake the shadow from the JFK assassination.
                      I don't know that Jackson would be missed in the same manner.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                        I don't know that Jackson would be missed in the same manner.
                        It would start a race warrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                          Isn't that why I've been hoarding guns food and ammunition?

Comment

Gotta hand it to Judge Jenkins. He seems to be one of the few people around this issue acting with humanity and remaining sane on top of it all..

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                              If that has to happen, let it happen while we are still in the majority.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
                              X