Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Oliver goes total FTP on Civil Forfeiture.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Oliver goes total FTP on Civil Forfeiture.

One more reason you would be a fool to trust the police.

I was watching it when I saw this thread. So a couple of questions I wonder, what happens if you refuse to answer the question of whether or not you are carrying cash and how would you respond to the question within your legal rights?

I was thinking the other day, in a convertible with the top down, I would assume you can still refuse consent to search, but there is nothing to stop them from snooping around looking in line-of-sight. I could see where a cop could claim he thinks he sees something under a seat behind the front seats and force a search or seizure.

At the end of the day, they can do what they want.

Comment

Giving the government any type of power that will result in them getting more cash out of the populace is an invitation for abuse, since governments can't even balance a fucking budget to begin with and the money has to come from somewhere. Why do you think the Top 5 lobbies against drug reform consist of police and prison associations?

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
        I was watching it when I saw this thread. So a couple of questions I wonder, what happens if you refuse to answer the question of whether or not you are carrying cash and how would you respond to the question within your legal rights?

I was thinking the other day, in a convertible with the top down, I would assume you can still refuse consent to search, but there is nothing to stop them from snooping around looking in line-of-sight. I could see where a cop could claim he thinks he sees something under a seat behind the front seats and force a search or seizure.

At the end of the day, they can do what they want.
        They can try, but it seems the idea of shaking down people has jumped to the white-collar crowd that will dump every asset they have to FTP.

Comment

One time had the police show up my place when i had a gtg. Noise complaint. Of course they ask if they can come in and i said No. They didnt really say nothing to that but my then time gf told them they can come in. That was dumb.

Comment

I do like the police.

Comment

Not in the FTP crowd but this shit makes me rage.

If I ever got anything taken by "civil forfeiture" I would use every billboard at my disposal to make the PD look like ass clowns.
              Originally posted by lincolnboy
              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post

If I ever got anything taken by "civil forfeiture" I would use every billboard at my disposal to make the PD look like ass clowns.
                See, making my point.

Comment

The American police state is continually expanding. Chalk up another reason to empty your magazine into a JBT's face. The whole "land of the free" nonsense needs to be updated to "you're free to do as you're told"

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post

If anything was wrongly taken from my by the police, a lawsuit would hit the offending officer and everyone up to and including the Mayor.

Fox News would provide the documentary, or course...

Comment

Originally posted by ftp View Post
                      The American police state is continually expanding. Chalk up another reason to empty your magazine into a JBT's face. The whole "land of the free" nonsense needs to be updated to "you're free to do as you're told"
                      How many "JBT's" would you say you've killed?
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

You should see the illegal shit that happens with forfeiture items that aren't sold to the public. That's a pocket filling scam for plenty of cops.

Forfeiture cases make me boil. Been there done that.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                          How many "JBT's" would you say you've killed?
                          It's the internet, he must have killed dozens by now
                          Last edited by dcs13; 10-06-2014, 05:29 PM. Reason: sp

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                            If anything was wrongly taken from my by the police, a lawsuit would hit the offending officer and everyone up to and including the Mayor.

Fox News would provide the documentary, or course...
                            Sure, if they don't have immunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                              Sure, if they don't have immunity.

Qualified immunity is a mother fucker.

Comment

Working...
                              X