Beautiful weekend for a hot rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful weekend for a hot rod

Of course, because it was beautiful, my allergies were kicking my ass, but I fought through it so I could enjoy the smell of old vinyl interior and gasoline.

My 8yo and I washed the fastback and drove all over SW Fort Worth. Even flipped the back seat up and got both girls in for a while, which is rare. It's usually just me and the kid. "Faster daddy!"

Anybody else dust off the fun car this weekend?

Oh yeah. Played with boost on the 280 til she blew couplers off. Was a good time.

Comment

I recovered the back seat in the 69
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I get mine out at least once a week. Sunday morning I went to pick up drinks for Good Guys, gave it the beans and blew the water pump gasket for the third time this year. Now its about time to tear it down for repairs/improvements, maybe a paint job.

Comment

I finished up my latest project Friday morning just in time to make it to Good Guys.

Comment

Yep, great weekend for cars. I had the wagon out at Good Guys.
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Man, I totally flaked on good guys. Not that I'm a regular attendee, but that woulda been fun.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                You were parked just down the isle from me.

Comment

Didn't you buy something else, something with big fins?

Originally posted by BLAKE
                  Man, I totally flaked on good guys. Not that I'm a regular attendee, but that woulda been fun.
                  I've got an awesome famers tan from this weekend, just in time for my trip to Hawaii later this week.

Comment

Man, I got your call Saturday morning, but could not move. We were passed the F out. Sara said "who the hell is that?". I said, "Sweet Danny". She said, "oh cool, tell him we're asleep." I didn't even muster that.

Comment

My son raced on Saturday, and then rode for another 3-4 hours (until the officials force closed the track), so yesterday involved a lot of not doing shit.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                        Didn't you buy something else, something with big fins?
                        Yeah, I bought a '57 Chrysler 2dr hardtop about seven years ago. lmao
                        I've got an awesome famers tan from this weekend, just in time for my trip to Hawaii later this week.
                        Before I went to Mexico, I protected my beautiful (tanning booth) tan like it was sacred. Sure looked good in pictures!
                        Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                        Man, I got your call Saturday morning, but could not move. We were passed the F out. Sara said "who the hell is that?". I said, "Sweet Danny". She said, "oh cool, tell him we're asleep." I didn't even muster that.
                        No worries, it was a butt dial anyway.

Comment

No worries, it was a butt dial anyway.
                          Well, at least I don't have to feel too guilty about that one then. lol

Comment

I started to call back to tell you not to call back, but it was early and that seemed weird. Actually it's pretty weird laying this all out on DFWM.

Comment

I stabbed my T5 in the 66 only to find out my conversion crossmember was too short, so now its hanging by a rope.... I did row through the gears and make noises though. First time this car has never been an automatic.
                              Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Working...
                              X